• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BEST OFFERS

98 posts in this topic

Come on seriously, ASM #298 9.6 for $250?

Thats ridiculous.

A 9.2 books for $50, a $200/400% mark up for 0.4 of a grade higher is lunacy for a common book.

When I see stuff like this, I'm reminded why I do not collect CGC books.

You dont like his BIN price, make an offer then move on.

If you dont collect CGC books then why the you looking at it in the first place.

How many 9.8 books do you own?? Answer = probably 0.

The reason I own no CGC books is best exemplified in the auction in question, and your condescending reply.

Inflated prices. Inflated egos.

Wrong again Chumley,

Certified 9.8s are not that easy to obtain, so when you do get one back, why should you not ask top(not insane) dollar for.

I hate to burst your bubble, but every book is "common" nowadays, only thing different is the actual grade received. So if you want a true HG, you have to dig a little more in your pockets, if you want a common, I'm sure you can pick up a bunch for less than $10 each.

Anyone looking for anything in particular? confused-smiley-013.gif

Although I'm decidedly anti-CGC right now, I'm always open to nice CGC 9.4 Byrne X-Men books.

I don't have any 9.4 X-books at all, and was actually waiting for you to sell yours. grin.gif

I do have a variety of copies of MTU 53 both slabbed & raw if you're looking for one.

I may be letting go of a bunch of nice Byrne books to help finance a childhood grail of mine.

Are you only looking for X-books? How about MTUs in CGC 9.4W?

Marvel Chillers 6 in CGC 9.4W?

Are you interested in up-grading your X-MEN 108? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Come on seriously, ASM #298 9.6 for $250?

Thats ridiculous.

A 9.2 books for $50, a $200/400% mark up for 0.4 of a grade higher is lunacy for a common book.

When I see stuff like this, I'm reminded why I do not collect CGC books.

You dont like his BIN price, make an offer then move on.

If you dont collect CGC books then why the you looking at it in the first place.

How many 9.8 books do you own?? Answer = probably 0.

The reason I own no CGC books is best exemplified in the auction in question, and your condescending reply.

Inflated prices. Inflated egos.

Wrong again Chumley,

Certified 9.8s are not that easy to obtain, so when you do get one back, why should you not ask top(not insane) dollar for.

I hate to burst your bubble, but every book is "common" nowadays, only thing different is the actual grade received. So if you want a true HG, you have to dig a little more in your pockets, if you want a common, I'm sure you can pick up a bunch for less than $10 each.

What non-sense.

No, not "every" book is common. And digging deep for a HG books is one thing, but this is foolery.

If you want to pay a 400% guide mark up for a truly common book published in 1987, IMO, you need to give your head a shake.

Even if your a Spidey collector, this makes no sense when you look at the values of 9.2/9.4/9.6's.

Now, if we were discussing some key GA or SA books, my stance would be different as far CGC price mark up goes.

Why pay a premium for 9.8s, when you can get beautiful 9.6s like these? confused-smiley-013.gif

bumpit.gif

You don't mind if I TURN them into 9.8s, do you? devil.gif

Not at all. It's quite possible CGC undergraded these the 1st time, and a straight resub will produce some 9.8s

juggle.gif

If you really want to get the iron out, you may want to consider starting at the 9.8 level, and working your way up from there. poke2.gif

It's all good. thumbsup2.gif

I'll be posting some raw books soon.... gossip.gif

make sure to quote plenty of Fair Market examples of pricing to eliminate the [embarrassing lack of self control] from hijacking your threa.

hijacking in a negative way, that is

As FFB has said, if you don't have anything nice to say, then don't speak.

I say people should follow their own advice. grin.gif

1) To clarify, in a marketplace thread.

2) I don't need to critique you - you make a pretty good fool all by yourself. poke2.gif

make sure to quote plenty of Fair Market examples of pricing to eliminate the [embarrassing lack of self control] from hijacking your threa.

Being that the subject title reads "BEST OFFERS"....I think I'll just post large scans of the books...and let those interested decide what it's "worth" to them. thumbsup2.gif

Being that the subject title reads "BEST OFFERS"....I think I'll just post large scans of the books...and let those interested decide what it's "worth" to them. thumbsup2.gif

still think you'd be better off with some market data... juggle.gif

MARVEL TEAM-UP 53 NM- 9.2

Overstreet value: $32 in NM-

1mtu53fc.jpg

TAKE A CLOSER LOOK

There is a minor non color-breaking crease on the top edge of the back cover

1mtu53bc.jpg

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED

If upon receipt of this book you feel I over-graded or mis-represented it's condition in any way....simply return the book in the same condition...and I will refund the purchase price & shipping costs.

If you have any further questions about my "seller policies", please feel free to ask. hi.gif