• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BEST OFFERS

98 posts in this topic

I voiced my opinion on an overpriced book, I'm entitled to that. Thanks.

Doing so in a marketplace thread is rude. It's one of the unwritten rules of the forums. I'm sure the vinyl forums you visit must have certain rules that may not make sense to an outsider, but make perfect sense within the framework of the community. This is no different.

Doing so in a marketplace thread is rude. It's one of the unwritten rules of the forums. I'm sure the vinyl forums you visit must have certain rules that may not make sense to an outsider, but make perfect sense within the framework of the community. This is no different.

Fair enough.

If voicing concern about the overpricing of an item is not wanted in this part of the forum, I will ad-hear to that.

It is a however a normal practice on most forums that offer a BUY/SELL section.

Good. You thought before you spent.

He, like everyone else, probably thinks you are a dink....i prefer to call you NITZ

yay.gif

Believe me, my heart is breaking.

That my friend is the sound of your floppie saggies breaking after the crushing blow you just recieved hi.gif

Fair enough.

If voicing concern about the overpricing of an item is not wanted in this part of the forum, I will ad-hear to that.

Well, not here. There's plenty of pricing discussion everywhere else on the boards thumbsup2.gif

I do have to mention, so that you might get a better sense of what's transpired in this lovely thread- at least part of the hostility you've seen here is based on the way you've characterized the price The Beyonder is asking. Right here you say that you were expressing concerns that The Beyonder is "overpricing." That's not really accurate- assuming that there's some sort of negative connotation attached to your use of the word. As has been pointed out there are recorded sales in that range and beyond. The last recorded sale was $250, GPA average is nearly $200 and it reflects at least two sales at over $300. So, while the book may be overvalued (debate amongst yourselves, the copper forum could use the traffic), his price is well within an established, documented range.

Fair enough.

Well, not here. There's plenty of pricing discussion everywhere else on the boards thumbsup2.gif

I do have to mention, so that you might get a better sense of what's transpired in this lovely thread- at least part of the hostility you've seen here is based on the way you've characterized the price The Beyonder is asking. Right here you say that you were expressing concerns that The Beyonder is "overpricing." That's not really accurate- assuming that there's some sort of negative connotation attached to your use of the word. As has been pointed out there are recorded sales in that range and beyond. The last recorded sale was $250, GPA average is nearly $200 and it reflects at least two sales at over $300. So, while the book may be overvalued (debate amongst yourselves, the copper forum could use the traffice), his price is well within an established, documented range.

Dually noted, I apologize.

I missed the game(did Toronto win? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif), as I've been preparing some sweet books for auction. I'll be adding more raw books to this thread as we go along....and think I'm done playing around with the best offer option on Ebay.At a more suitable time tomorrow, I'll be launching the 1st of my

'LTMD'

Auctions

LET THE MARKET DECIDE

acclaim.gifHere's a sneak preview for those interested:

John Byrne's 1st works on X-MEN

MTUMINI.jpgIRONFISTMINI.jpgX-MEN108MINI.jpg

Marvel Team-Up 53 - Hulk; Woodgod & X-Men app. 1st Byrne art on X-Men (1/77)

QPMTU53LABEL.jpg

Iron Fist 15 - 2nd work on X-Men (9/77)

QPIF15LABEL.jpg

X-Men 108 - Byrne art begins (12/77)

QPX-MEN108LABEL.jpg

These are some of the finest examples available of these particular books. Only 1 copy of MTU 53 has graded higher(9.8), and 9.6 is the Top Grade for IF 15. Although X-Men 108 is fairly common in grade, the PQ(page quality)& QP(Quality of Production) are exceptional on this copy. All 3 books are nicely centered with near-perfect staple placement & registration. All have bright colors & high gloss, and exhibit outstanding Eye Appeal

Select a thumbnail from the left to zoom.
14588446.jpg" border=0  onclick="VPimage.src=
Image hosting and Zoom Gallery by VillagePhotos.com

Bidding starts at COVER PRICE with NO RESERVE

Insured shipping is FREE for residents of CANADA/US, and a Flat Rate of $10 for international bidders.HAPPY BIDDING

EXFEL-UDERSTREET.jpg

Yeah...Belfour had a really rough time in the first 2 periods and then just shut the net down....Leafs won after overtime when Lindros scored during the shoot out!