• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Third Time's a Charm! . . . VAMPIRELLA #1 CGC 9.2 OW . . . Go For It!!!

89 posts in this topic

Jane . . . you ignorant $lut! sumo.gif

Russ, you really are a gutter-swiller aren't you smile.gif

I don't know who you are referring to. Do you think I am Jayne? That is my mother in law and I have to say you are quite childish to stoop to this sort of level. 893naughty-thumb.gif

That's a real sweet copy. I'm tempted...does anyone know the GPA on this?

2 Sold

Highest sold $995

Lowest sold $735

893scratchchin-thumb.gif same book?

and again, quite irrelevant.

I have another solid offer on the book, but it comes with time payments, which doesn't really appeal to me, but I may consider it. It is clear the marketplace values the book higher than those numbers . . . makepoint.gif

What marketplace? The real one, or the one that you created in fantasyland. The book has been sold for $735, and $995. And it isn't even a top census book. If it was top census then you would have a chance at the $1750.

Jane . . . you ignorant $lut! sumo.gif

Russ, you really are a gutter-swiller aren't you smile.gif

I don't know who you are referring to. Do you think I am Jayne? That is my mother in law and I have to say you are quite childish to stoop to this sort of level. 893naughty-thumb.gif

I have no idea who you are . . . but it is clear you're not old enough to understand the SNL reference grin.gif

No it's just clear I do not have too much time on my hands to quote krap from TV. grin.gif

How convenient that you use a quote that has the name of someone in our office. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

As for Russ not understanding how it works I think your way off base there. This is what he does for a living. I just think you have some sort of problem with him for some unknow reason ( 893scratchchin-thumb.gif maybe a backorder for gerber supplies you had to wait for)

Whatever the reason is I think it's about time to get over it.

No Jayne is my mom. I am assuming she is the person you called a slut. And yes, I understand it is your thread but you fired the first shot at me, I defended and you came back with an either

1. Highly unlikely line from SNL or

2. A direct attack at probably thinking Jane was Kym(Bella)

You know very well, as well as any other customers who have ordered before that emails come from Russ, Kym or Jayne. When you say Jane is a slut on here, if you really expect me to believe it is some obscure SNL skit from 1970 then you are mistaken. You are out of line yet again, as you were with the Christian thing not to long ago, and clearly the knowledge you have of comics, and their market is off base as well.

The marketplace is a great tool, personally I feel if your going to sell something then ask a fair price and don't plaster the board with the same item. If you read all the other people's posts on your other threads you will see posts that can be construed as a "Give it a rest already"

I know you have a problem with me, I know you had to wait for an order before and somehow or whatever you decided that this was me being unprofessional or something. So anytime I say anything in a thread of "yours" then I am trolling to you because you don't like me.

And of course this is your thread. We all know whose thread it is when Vampirella #1 CGC 9.2 Top 5 book census first $1750 takes it, 893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif times 10000.

Gotta back Diva on this one. I have actually heard that quote from SNL, and considering how I have seen maybe 2 hours total of SNL in my life, thats saying something.

But why THAT specific SNL reference in THIS specific thread? What does it have to do with Vampirella? If as ComicSupply says:

"You know very well, as well as any other customers who have ordered before that emails come from Russ, Kym or Jayne."

is true, then it's pretty obviously a play on words at CS's expense.

In all fairness that probably is one of the most famous lines in all of SNL history.

Of course it is, but why here and why now?

I mean come on, no one (in their right mind) walks up to people and says "Jane, you ignorant sIut" just out of the blue.

Let's give the guy a break on the SNL reference. I doubt there was any intent to libel CS's family member. Just an unfortunate coincidence.

To me, the only things the guy's guilty of are greed and an utter lack of self-restraint when it comes to pimping his book...over and over again. Oh, and also insulting our intelligence with the multiple stories on buyers "backing out". Just fess up and tell us you ended to auctions because the bids weren't too your liking. Which I guess he has in his follow-up post.

But let's not burn the guy at the stake for any imagined slights.

2nd time you listed it with no reserve and a 10 day auction. You ended it with some 14 hours left. You also told the board that if it didn't hit the mark before 12 hours you would end it.

I have no intention of selling the book for less than what I know it's worth, and as I seller I have no problems with ending an eBay auction within the allowable time frame. I don't need to be one of those sellers who claims never to end a listing early, there's certainly no honor in that, just stupidity.

What you're doing is against eBay rules and I can't believe you're getting a pass on it in here. A newer member would most likely get reamed for this kind of behavior.

Ending an auction early on eBay because you don't like the low bid amount is not acceptable. Letting well intentioned people bid on your no reserve auctions, only to have them pulled because you don't like the price is [embarrassing lack of self control].

Put a reserve on the book if you won't sell it for less than a specific amount.