• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Strange Tales # 110 CGC 9.4 for sale

49 posts in this topic

Hello all you good people of the CGC boards, I'm looking to sell a unrestored, 9.4 CGC graded copy of Stange Tales # 110 with OW/W pages. For some reason my browser is not allowing me to post j-pegs on the boards. I provided a link below for your viewing pleasure. Please email me any questions, or for additional information etc.

regards,

fatpinko@yahoo.com

http://img476.imageshack.us/img476/6159/st110943ed.jpg

From what I know , the book was graded around January 05. I purchased the book via Doug from Pedigree Comics. Doug had confirmed two things:

That A) It did not come from Ewert / Tom B.

B) That Doug had a few other Strange Tales #110's in the past , including the 9.4 Northland, and he said this hands down is the best 9.4 he had seen. Infact he told me that it's right up there with his 9.6 copy.

Okay all you lawyers, you can quote me on that one. I bought it for 10.5k, and I'm welcoming offers above that amount.

hi.gif

When comics like this get listed, it makes me mad I don't have tons of money. That's a beautiful book, and one day I will own one in that condition (893crossfingers-thumb.gif), but my wedding and honeymoon planning are priority #1.

My fiancee Jesse is cool when it comes to my comic and art purchases. She is sympathetic when I spend a few hundred bucks here and there on Dr. Strange stuff. Even though she's met Steve B, understands what a CGC 9.4 means, and knows that book is my Grail, she also knows I own 4 midgrade copies of it already as well as the coverless one I made the custom cover for.

If she found out I (for one second) even CONSIDERED spending over 10k for this copy, she would go completely Dormammu on my .

Still, if I win the lottery this week, expect a PM from me osborn_france!

When comics like this get listed, it makes me mad I don't have tons of money. That's a beautiful book, and one day I will own one in that condition (893crossfingers-thumb.gif), but my wedding and honeymoon planning are priority #1.

My fiancee Jesse is cool when it comes to my comic and art purchases. She is sympathetic when I spend a few hundred bucks here and there on Dr. Strange stuff. Even though she's met Steve B, understands what a CGC 9.4 means, and knows that book is my Grail, she also knows I own 4 midgrade copies of it already as well as the coverless one I made the custom cover for.

If she found out I (for one second) even CONSIDERED spending over 10k for this copy, she would go completely Dormammu on my .

Still, if I win the lottery this week, expect a PM from me osborn_france!

Your fiance would love to know that you sold one of those mid grade books to me. That should help you score some points. thumbsup2.gif

or in other terms, the big dogs probably wouldn't pay any more than you paid for the book -- if that.

I think that book in particular is, while beautiful looking, not really desirable key. 1st appearance of Dr. Strange who has over the years been relegated to like 3rd tier character status.