• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Let The Market Decide

49 posts in this topic

The only variant that was sold was a 9.2 and it sold for $460.

Please note the word HIDDEN. grin.gif

I've bought a few 35-cent CGC books that were not noted on the label, as have some others on here.

Maybe it was a Marvel Whitman variant devil.gifpoke2.gif

tongue.gif actually it was a jun 13 2005 ending auction so if anyone can think back who bought or sold it, you might still be able to pull it up by auction number search? but the guys over at STL usually watch for hidden variants and post ended sales - this wasn't mentioned confused-smiley-013.gif or we can ask George Pantela of GPA to confirm if it was a "hidden variant" because at $405 for this variant in a 9.6 would be a steal - you know the regular players would be slamming this down into the $800 range and missinghubcaps would break the bank on this, as Iron fist and xmen 35'ers are his obsession.

The only variant that was sold was a 9.2 and it sold for $460.

Please note the word HIDDEN. grin.gif

I've bought a few 35-cent CGC books that were not noted on the label, as have some others on here.

Maybe it was a Marvel Whitman variant devil.gifpoke2.gif

tongue.gif actually it was a jun 13 2005 ending auction so if anyone can think back who bought or sold it, you might still be able to pull it up by auction number search? but the guys over at STL usually watch for hidden variants and post ended sales - this wasn't mentioned confused-smiley-013.gif or we can ask George Pantela of GPA to confirm if it was a "hidden variant" because at $405 for this variant in a 9.6 would be a steal - you know the regular players would be slamming this down into the $800 range and missinghubcaps would break the bank on this, as Iron fist and xmen 35'ers are his obsession.

Get those pictures yet? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Seems legit. Apparently these were one of those times where the market was just "right" for this type of book. I bet that if this same book were to sell today on eBay it would go for roughly $200-220.

Pretty sure it had something to do with the costume Wolvie was wearing....

EPAXO-joecollector.jpg

Didn't see a spike for 108 though..... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

ZBVBN-x-men108wolvie.jpg

Sorry Vince, did not know that was you.

That $400 IF 15 sale was not a variant- just an aggresive buy. I think these books are worth $400/450+ easy and 2 look better than my current keepers of the same.

His auction is quickly approaching the recently sold GPA price for all three books. That's not too bad!

That's what I was thinking when I slapped down a $300 bid, and then Bruce jumped in.

Sorry Vince, did not know that was you.

That $400 IF 15 sale was not a variant- just an aggresive buy. I think these books are worth $400/450+ easy and 2 look better than my current keepers of the same.

I personally was thinking $350-$380, and I'd be surprised (and happy for Beyonder) if it topped out over $400.

And no worries on the outbid; I was just testing the demand and never expected to win at $300. I am currently deciding whether I want to pursue them further.

P.S. You ever get around to checking on those comics for me?