• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Let The Market Decide

49 posts in this topic

I figured over $400-$450. Even though many say break up sets, I've found that "Themed Sets" (that make sense) often do as well as selling solo and sometimes even better. I had a similar discussion with Gene on that when I made record sales with Hulk 180-181-182 sets.

I pretty much banked on 9.6 in particular (and some 9.8) X-men eventually correcting and only owned (3) until recently when I picked up a reasonable 101 and 140 in 9.8. So (5) now. I wanted to collect the run over the past 5 years, but just couldn't do it. If any later bronze run was sure to be plentiful in HG, New X-Men had to be it. I remember lovingly hoarding multiples in my original collection.

Funny how XM 108 in particular has dropped so far… used to be a $250-$300+ book. Same thing with 121. Yet, 120 still holding previous values with 101 eclipsing them. Many of the later books 137-142 have dropped significantly as well. I've wanted a 140 in 9.8 for the longest time but held off paying the $400-$500 the peaked at… now its a $150-$175 book. Looks like I'll finally be getting some opportunities at 9.6/9.8 X-men at prices I can justify.

I'm hoping to obtain 9.6: 94-100, and (killer 9.6)or 9.8: 109, 120, 121, 130 this coming year.

grin.gif

Wow, great price - it only takes two bidders who really want it.