• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

On Ebay- With a Bid: HUGE COMIC BOOK LOT OF 200,000 COMICS!

20 posts in this topic

That's insane. And its even more insane that somebody BID on it! Why banana boxes, I wonder?

Those are books you should pay a penny each for in that quantity, and even there you're going to have trouble making it back. Also, I can't even imagine what the shipping would be. Yikes.

This is a classic scam here..notice how he took the time to take about a dozen pictures of the boxes...yet there isn't a single picture of any of the contents of even ONE box. Yeah I'm sure there's some real great stuff in there.

Brian

And the final price is...

over 14c per book. A tad more than the 1c estimate given earlier.

Plus s/h, of course.

Since we don't actually see the comics themselves, maybe they're all CGC'd...?

tongue.gifshocked.giftongue.gifshocked.gif

Congrats betabenj , you're the lucky winner..er, uh loser..I mean, WTF??!!

Rick

that's insane. Not only did it sell, but there was movement... shakes head in disbelief. It's got to be a joke, right? Even at that price, this is a gamble of extreme proportions. 200,000 comics that could easily be unsellable junk even in 50 cent bins. ouch

You guys have it all wrong! It's the Banana Pedigree, easily identifiable by the scent of that famed tropical fruit clinging to the pages. All are unread (why was he buying comics?) and some issues have 100 copies! Everyone wants 100 copies of those 90's Marvels, so why on earth didn't it get more bids? The Banana Pedigree is going to outdistance Mile High in no time because everyone knows that when you stack boxes made for a relatively light item (say... fruit) and fill them with heavy books, then the special crushing motion of highly stacked pallettes is nature's M 10.0 preservative.

"Sir? Do you have any Banana variant hologram prism bagged chromium Ant-Boy #1's?"

"I have only 98 copies left. Here you go."

sniff

"Ah! The genuine article. I'll take 20, thank you."

-- Joanna

the funniest thing about it is "chromium ant-boy" probably isn't very far from the truth. I mean, what's worst case scenario on this lot? 500 copies of each x-men 1 cover? 200 copies of LOTDK #1 in each hue? 500 of each x-force 1? 9500 copies of youngblood 1? 10,000 assorted holo-die-cut super-premium, glow in the dark, sketch-a-doodle covers?

Here's a better question, what good books could be in there?

WANTED: Chromium Ant Boy #1, CGC 9.6 or better.

If one of you secretly bought the Banana Box Pedigree, contact me immediatlely because I must have this book! Ant Boy has always been my favorite title, but my stunning mint collection was destroyed by a rogue chimp that escaped from the LA Zoo. He stripped the bark off a stick, stuck it in the box, and licked off all the chrome.

-- Joanna