• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

INFINITE CRISIS tie-ins: DC Comics Presents Annual 1 - 1st Alexander Luthor Sr.

16 posts in this topic

Here's another Infinite Crisis tie-in issue: DC Comics Presents Annual 1 featuring Earth 1 Superman and Earth 2 Superman fighting Earth 1 and 2 Lex Luthors. The cool thing about this is that it's the first appearance of the Earth 3 Luthor, Alexander Luthor (I believe that's his name), who is also the father of the current Alexander Luthor, seen on the last page of Infinite Crisis 1 and a major player in Crisis on Infinite Earths.

With the price hikes that Animal Man 10, 23-24 (return of Psycho Pirate and the DC Multiverse characters); Justice League of America 166-168 (those are the mindwipe issues. And, if you want all the tie-ins, JLA 165, with the death of Zatanna's mother, and 220, with the death of the Black Canary's dad and Flash 275 with the death of Iris Allen and Flash 324 with the death of Reverse Flash), DC Comics Presents 87 (first Earth Prime Superboy, who is featured prominently on the last page of IC 1), Superman 414 (second Earth Prime Superboy), Action 598 (first Checkmate), New Teen Titans 2 (first Deathstroke), All-Star Comics 58 (first Power Girl) and others, DC Comics Presents Annual 1 has to be a hidden treasure.

Is there a list somewhere of the pre-Identity Crisis/pre-Infinite Crisis tie-ins? I'd love to see some more of those obscure references and what books they're found in.

The most recent Wizard published a pretty complete list....

There is also a "guide to COIE crossovers" book that DC put out in 1986 (I think)

I'm not talking about CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS, I'm talking about DC's current series, INFINITE CRISIS, of which the first issue was released recently. There are several 1970s and 1980s books that are used as tie-ins to the series and the Identity Crisis series from last year.

The list in Wizard is for COIE and not IC, which is what I'm talking about.

calm down

DC COMICS EXPANDS LIST OF INFINITE CRISIS TIE-IN ISSUES!

The tie-in issues are listed below. Don't get caught short!

DAY OF VENGEANCE

Already in stores:

* JSA #73 (MAR050411) is sold out at DC Comics, but still may be available at retail.

* JSA #74 (APR050344) is available for reorder.

* JSA #75 (MAY050238) is scheduled to arrive in stores on July 7.

* BLOOD OF THE DEMON #6 (JUN050354) is scheduled to arrive in stores on August 3.

* JSA #76 (JUN050374) is scheduled to arrive in stores on August 3.

THE OMAC PROJECT

* SUPERMAN #217 (MAR050213) is sold out at DC Comics, but may still be available at retail.

* ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN #641 (APR050318) is scheduled to arrive in stores on June 15.

* BIRDS OF PREY #83 (APR050328) is scheduled to arrive in stores on June 15.

* ACTION COMICS #829 (MAY050214) is scheduled to arrive in stores on July 13.

* ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN #642 (MAY05215) is scheduled to arrive in stores on July 20.

* SUPERMAN #219 (MAY050213) is scheduled to arrive in stores on July 7.

* WONDER WOMAN #219 (MAY050216) is scheduled to arrive in stores on July 27.

* ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN #643 (JUN050346) is scheduled to arrive in stores on August 17.

* MANHUNTER #13 (JUN050379) is scheduled to arrive in stores on August 13.

* SUPERMAN #220 (JUN050345) is scheduled to arrive in stores on August 10.

* WONDER WOMAN #221 (JUN050390) is scheduled to arrive in stores on August 31.

VILLAINS UNITED

* NIGHTWING #109 (APR050316) is sold out at DC Comics, but still may be available at retail.

Solicited in the May Previews (Volume XV #5):

* BREACH #7 (MAY050223) scheduled to arrive in stores on July 13.

* NIGHTWING #110 (MAY050204) is scheduled to arrive in stores on July 13.

* NIGHTWING #111 (JUN050335) scheduled to arrive in stores on August 10.

* THE FLASH #225 (JUN0500365) is scheduled to arrive in stores on August 24.

* DAY OF VENGEANCE #1 Third Printing (MAR058201) is available forreorder.

* DAY OF VENGEANCE #2 Second Printing (APR058283) is scheduled to arrive in stores on June 22.

* DAY OF VENGEANCE #3 (APR050332) is scheduled to arrive in stores on June 15.

* DAY OF VENGEANCE #4 (MAY050224) is scheduled to arrive in stores on July 20.

* DAY OF VENGEANCE #5 (JUN050358) is scheduled to arrive in stores on August 24.

* THE OMAC PROJECT #1 Third Printing (MAR058202) is available forreorder.

* THE OMAC PROJECT #2 Second Printing (MAR058203) is scheduled to arrivein stores on June 22.

* THE OMAC PROJECT #3 (APR050349) is scheduled to arrive in stores onJune 29.

* THE OMAC PROJECT #4 (MAY050243) is scheduled to arrive in stores on July 27.

* THE OMAC PROJECT #5 (JUN05380) is scheduled to arrive in stores on August 24.

* RANN-THANAGAR WAR #1 Second Printing (MAR058071) is available for reorder.

* RANN-THANAGAR WAR #2 (APR050356) is available for reorder.

* RANN-THANAGAR WAR #3 (MAY050245) is scheduled to arrive in stores on July 31.

* RANN-THANAGAR WAR #4 (JUN05383) is scheduled to arrive in stores on August 10.

* VILLAINS UNITED #1 Third Printing (MAR058204) is available for reorder.

* VILLAINS UNITED #2 (APR050358) is available for reorder.

* VILLAINS UNITED #3 (MAY050254) is scheduled to arrive in stores on July 7.

* VILLAINS UNITED #4 (JUN050389) is scheduled to arrive in stores on August 10.

COUNTDOWN TO CRISIS Second Printing (FEB058329) is available for reorder.

calm down

DC COMICS EXPANDS LIST OF INFINITE CRISIS TIE-IN ISSUES!

The tie-in issues are listed below. Don't get caught short!

DAY OF VENGEANCE

Already in stores:

* JSA #73 (MAR050411) is sold out at DC Comics, but still may be available at retail.

* JSA #74 (APR050344) is available for reorder.

* JSA #75 (MAY050238) is scheduled to arrive in stores on July 7.

* BLOOD OF THE DEMON #6 (JUN050354) is scheduled to arrive in stores on August 3.

* JSA #76 (JUN050374) is scheduled to arrive in stores on August 3.

THE OMAC PROJECT

* SUPERMAN #217 (MAR050213) is sold out at DC Comics, but may still be available at retail.

* ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN #641 (APR050318) is scheduled to arrive in stores on June 15.

* BIRDS OF PREY #83 (APR050328) is scheduled to arrive in stores on June 15.

* ACTION COMICS #829 (MAY050214) is scheduled to arrive in stores on July 13.

* ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN #642 (MAY05215) is scheduled to arrive in stores on July 20.

* SUPERMAN #219 (MAY050213) is scheduled to arrive in stores on July 7.

* WONDER WOMAN #219 (MAY050216) is scheduled to arrive in stores on July 27.

* ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN #643 (JUN050346) is scheduled to arrive in stores on August 17.

* MANHUNTER #13 (JUN050379) is scheduled to arrive in stores on August 13.

* SUPERMAN #220 (JUN050345) is scheduled to arrive in stores on August 10.

* WONDER WOMAN #221 (JUN050390) is scheduled to arrive in stores on August 31.

VILLAINS UNITED

* NIGHTWING #109 (APR050316) is sold out at DC Comics, but still may be available at retail.

Solicited in the May Previews (Volume XV #5):

* BREACH #7 (MAY050223) scheduled to arrive in stores on July 13.

* NIGHTWING #110 (MAY050204) is scheduled to arrive in stores on July 13.

* NIGHTWING #111 (JUN050335) scheduled to arrive in stores on August 10.

* THE FLASH #225 (JUN0500365) is scheduled to arrive in stores on August 24.

* DAY OF VENGEANCE #1 Third Printing (MAR058201) is available forreorder.

* DAY OF VENGEANCE #2 Second Printing (APR058283) is scheduled to arrive in stores on June 22.

* DAY OF VENGEANCE #3 (APR050332) is scheduled to arrive in stores on June 15.

* DAY OF VENGEANCE #4 (MAY050224) is scheduled to arrive in stores on July 20.

* DAY OF VENGEANCE #5 (JUN050358) is scheduled to arrive in stores on August 24.

* THE OMAC PROJECT #1 Third Printing (MAR058202) is available forreorder.

* THE OMAC PROJECT #2 Second Printing (MAR058203) is scheduled to arrivein stores on June 22.

* THE OMAC PROJECT #3 (APR050349) is scheduled to arrive in stores onJune 29.

* THE OMAC PROJECT #4 (MAY050243) is scheduled to arrive in stores on July 27.

* THE OMAC PROJECT #5 (JUN05380) is scheduled to arrive in stores on August 24.

* RANN-THANAGAR WAR #1 Second Printing (MAR058071) is available for reorder.

* RANN-THANAGAR WAR #2 (APR050356) is available for reorder.

* RANN-THANAGAR WAR #3 (MAY050245) is scheduled to arrive in stores on July 31.

* RANN-THANAGAR WAR #4 (JUN05383) is scheduled to arrive in stores on August 10.

* VILLAINS UNITED #1 Third Printing (MAR058204) is available for reorder.

* VILLAINS UNITED #2 (APR050358) is available for reorder.

* VILLAINS UNITED #3 (MAY050254) is scheduled to arrive in stores on July 7.

* VILLAINS UNITED #4 (JUN050389) is scheduled to arrive in stores on August 10.

COUNTDOWN TO CRISIS Second Printing (FEB058329) is available for reorder.

Stromm,

Nope, that's not the list I'm talking about. I'm looking for a list of Infinite Crisis tie-ins that came before ANY of these stories were ever published. I'm talking about books like Justice League of America 166-168, DC Comics Presents 86-88 and Annual 1, Action Comics 598, Suicide Squad 23 and Flash 275 and 323-324. Those are issues published long before Infinite Crisis was even thought up and are being used as plot points for the story. I already know all the current tie-ins, because I buy almost everything DC publishes.

Thanks anyway.

Ah, like Animal Man 23 and 24? Hehehehe.

Exactly. Picked those up this weekend in NM for $6 total. I also got Action 598 and DC Comics Presents Annual 1, both in NM, for $5 total. I picked up JLA 166-168 in VG-Fine for $12 and got a Whitman variant of 166 for $8. Not a bad haul, seeing as how these are some pretty big dollar books. I'm sure I've got them stashed away in my childhood collection, but I don't know in which house they're stored and I don't want to drive all over the place looking. So, when I found them for sale, I bought them again.

and the funny thing is the shop you bought them from, with the guy behind the register in a pot fog and clueless as to the zaniness going on with ebay, couldn't believe someone was buying this stuff for his 100% over guide mark-ups!

and the funny thing is the shop you bought them from, with the guy behind the register in a pot fog and clueless as to the zaniness going on with ebay, couldn't believe someone was buying this stuff for his 100% over guide mark-ups!

Where I bought the JLA 166 Whitman variant, the guy had no idea about any tie-ins to Infinite Crisis. He was like you don't already have that comic? Here in West Virginia, I know there are plenty of omic shops that have all of those issues in stock. I've seen really nice copies for pennies of what they're selling for on eBay.

Where I bought the JLA 166 Whitman variant, the guy had no idea about any tie-ins to Infinite Crisis. He was like you don't already have that comic? Here in West Virginia, I know there are plenty of omic shops that have all of those issues in stock. I've seen really nice copies for pennies of what they're selling for on eBay.

No offense but in a year or two almost all those third tier tie-ins will be worth pennies of what they are selling for on ebay. Hot for the monent not in the long run. Lots of these books out there. I've seen it plenty of times in the past 27 years of collecting. A lot of hype right now. Those older books are FUN TO READ and get if you can get them cheap. Not investment worthy.

who knows, some of these DCs aren't out there in big #s, particularly from the late 70s/early 80s. they may continue to sell at a premium, though likely not today's premium.

something like animal man 23.... that's an early 90s book and somewhere out there someone doesn't yet realize they have 5,000 copies in a storage room. yeah, that could go back in the quarter bin.

No offense but in a year or two almost all those third tier tie-ins will be worth pennies of what they are selling for on ebay. Hot for the monent not in the long run. Lots of these books out there. I've seen it plenty of times in the past 27 years of collecting. A lot of hype right now. Those older books are FUN TO READ and get if you can get them cheap. Not investment worthy.

These books will retain some of their current value, simply because they're not too easily found in nice condition. Most stores I've been too say they don't even remember having those. A lot of stores don't even keep back issues from so long ago. One store said he had silver age back issues and the comics he had were from the 1990s. He said "when's the silver age?"

So, these will hold some of their value, just not all of it. I know that. I'm not buying for investment. I just wanted to re-read these great stories. I loved all of these when I first read them and it's nice to see others getting to enjoy their stories, too.

hey, there's a couple of Showcase issues, 101 & 102 that precurse the Rann-Thanagar war. no idea if they're going to do anything pricewise, just got a copy of 101 the other day because i needed it

hey, there's a couple of Showcase issues, 101 & 102 that precurse the Rann-Thanagar war. no idea if they're going to do anything pricewise, just got a copy of 101 the other day because i needed it

Actually, that storyline, written by Jack C. Harris with beautiful art by Al Milgrom and Murphy Anderson, runs three issues, 101-103. It's one of my all-time favorite Hawkman stories. My dad bought me issue 101 and then my Granny bought me No. 102 while I was staying home from school with the flu. Ah, the memories of those old Showcases... Good stuff, that's for sure. I never thought of them as precursors to the Rann-Thanagar War. Good call.

Its always fun to go back and reread the stuff you enjoyed when you were younger. I just hope some of the younger collectors don't run out and buy these for investment but rather for the fun they will have reading these books. It just seems a lot of the kids see the potential dollar signs thanks to hype sources such as the Wizard Magazine (which is fun to read as well) and run out to buy the books for the wrong reasons. Simply buy what you like for your pleasure and if the book goes up in value even better. You will enjoy the hobby more. I think everyone on the boards pretty much agrees with this, IMHO. Fun is the name of the game.