1st Ras Al Ghul.....WOW!

23 posts in this topic

27,581 posts

10G's

I was thinking that 10Gs would be the reserve but the price might go a little higher. There are already some good bids on the first day of it being up. Would this be considered the Creme da la creme of Adams artwork??

Andrew

33,052 posts
I was thinking that 10Gs would be the reserve but the price might go a little higher. There are already some good bids on the first day of it being up. Would this be considered the Creme da la creme of Adams artwork??

Andrew

It's a sweet piece no doubt. Not the creme-de-la-creme thogh. It doesn't have Batman on the page. grin.gif

I'd vote for the GL#76 cover being the best of the best. thumbsup2.gif

5,411 posts

Wow... that is a great page. Definitely over 10K.

Ooops...I meant creme da la creme of panel pages.

Solar...that is a great page you linked and yes Danny Bonaduce should give up his title to Greg Brady. Man I love the Moy man's humor.

Andrew

324 posts

i just called miss cleo she looked into her crystal ball and told me the page will end at $ 12,765. you heard it here 1st . 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

larry ;]

Edited by desertdogg

7,732 posts

That's a really nice page. t( ' . ' t)

Edited by Kevin76

5,411 posts

This auction is far from over. Over 12K is a good bet.

22,160 posts

I wonder if Ted VanLiew knows this guy -- seeing how he's also from Worcestor, MA. Over $9100 now... I think those $12k predictions seem right.

13,045 posts
I wonder if Ted VanLiew knows this guy -- seeing how he's also from Worcestor, MA. Over $9100 now... I think those $12k predictions seem right.

That's Entertainment is a pretty big, pretty cool shop out there. I stop in whenever I'm in Worcester.

42,849 posts

It doesn't have Batman on the page.

So who's that in the first and third panels?

Chris

16,446 posts

Anyone know why it was ended? An offer he couldn't refuse I assume?

1,673 posts

Legal actions, some claim it was stolen from DC in the 70's?

13,045 posts
Legal actions, some claim it was stolen from DC in the 70's?

What sort of legal actions, I wonder. Statue of limitations must be long up, especially considering the page was worth probably no more than a few dollars when it was stolen.

3,775 posts

Adams, still very much involved in the medium, and not one to sit idly by, probably was made aware of the auction and made his opinion known that it was stolen. With little actual legal ramifications, I'm sure the seller was made aware that there would be problems if it was sold, and that, at the very least, if he kept it, there would be little that could be done at this point. It still doesn't mean that the page couldn't/wouldn't change hands privately - very privately. Ditko may let Heritage, et al sell his art and begrudge it, though I did hear he made a fuss over Issue #10 selling, but there's no way that Adams wouldn't make a big fuss - he's not the quiet type...