• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1st Ras Al Ghul.....WOW!

23 posts in this topic

I was thinking that 10Gs would be the reserve but the price might go a little higher. There are already some good bids on the first day of it being up. Would this be considered the Creme da la creme of Adams artwork??

Andrew

It's a sweet piece no doubt. Not the creme-de-la-creme thogh. It doesn't have Batman on the page. grin.gif

I'd vote for the GL#76 cover being the best of the best. thumbsup2.gif

I wonder if Ted VanLiew knows this guy -- seeing how he's also from Worcestor, MA. Over $9100 now... I think those $12k predictions seem right.

That's Entertainment is a pretty big, pretty cool shop out there. I stop in whenever I'm in Worcester.

Legal actions, some claim it was stolen from DC in the 70's?

What sort of legal actions, I wonder. Statue of limitations must be long up, especially considering the page was worth probably no more than a few dollars when it was stolen.

Adams, still very much involved in the medium, and not one to sit idly by, probably was made aware of the auction and made his opinion known that it was stolen. With little actual legal ramifications, I'm sure the seller was made aware that there would be problems if it was sold, and that, at the very least, if he kept it, there would be little that could be done at this point. It still doesn't mean that the page couldn't/wouldn't change hands privately - very privately. Ditko may let Heritage, et al sell his art and begrudge it, though I did hear he made a fuss over Issue #10 selling, but there's no way that Adams wouldn't make a big fuss - he's not the quiet type...