• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FAO means For the Attention Of.

22 posts in this topic

Btw, I saw Rome the other night. Not bad.

hail.gif

Except the season is almost over, 1 more episode I think.

We're only up to episode 3 over 'ere, even though this was an HBO / BBC co-production. I'm impressed with the attention to detail, history, costumes, quality of acting, and reasonably good -script, which does veer a bit between classical and vernacular.

But most of all the explicitly portrayed violence and that bit where the lead woman gets her kit off. tongue.gif

hail.gif

We're only up to episode 3 over 'ere, even though this was an HBO / BBC co-production. I'm impressed with the attention to detail, history, costumes, quality of acting, and reasonably good -script, which does veer a bit between classical and vernacular.

But most of all the explicitly portrayed violence and that bit where the lead woman gets her kit off. tongue.gif

It really is an exceptional series, but I wonder where the show will lead once Ceaser is killed. They still have to establish the Marc Anthony and Cleopatra affair.

hail.gif

It really is an exceptional series, but I wonder where the show will lead once Ceaser is killed.

I agree, it's been money well spent (£60 miliion!), and is compulsive viewing. The trouble is of course that you may well be familiar with the plot, as you said.

Best thing on T.V. at the moment though.

As for Lost, which I've stuck with, I'm beginning to wish I hadn't. It really has lapsed into formula, and nothing bloody happens. Talk about stretching ideas to breaking point. Without mentioning any spoilers, is it worth sticking with??

did you watch last nights episode? one of the best ever

The U.K. is way behind with Lost, so I don't think so. However I'll stick with it as the payoff is according to many worth the wait. I still think the series could've been darker and less schematic tho'...

But it's also Sanskrit for "this poxy joke has run its' bleedin' course, it's time to move on". insane.gifmakepoint.gif
popcorn.gif

You're a bit late - deathlok served the popcorn over an hour ago...

acclaim.gif

But it's also Sanskrit for "this poxy joke has run its' bleedin' course, it's time to move on". insane.gifmakepoint.gif
popcorn.gif

You're a bit late - deathlok served the popcorn over an hour ago...

acclaim.gif
yeahok.gif
893censored-thumb.gif

hail.gif

It really is an exceptional series, but I wonder where the show will lead once Ceaser is killed. They still have to establish the Marc Anthony and Cleopatra affair.

...great,..thanks a lot for telling me how it ends,...sheesh,...spoiler,.... mad.gif