• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Links to Silver age dealers
4 4

222 posts in this topic

Nice looking site, great layout. I would say to add back cover scans of the books if you can. Also I was looking through some of your silver age Marvel and I would say that the grading is a little loosey goosey in a lot of places. If your going to charge that close to guide people will pay but you got to convince them that they are going to get the goods if they do...

Hey there,

I figured this would be the best place i could ask this. Does anyone know where i can find a Amazing Spider-man #2, 3, 4, 5, 11, or 13 in a CGC 9.2? If anyone finds one, or wants to sell one, please let me know. Thanks

Hey there,

I figured this would be the best place i could ask this. Does anyone know where i can find a Amazing Spider-man #2, 3, 4, 5, 11, or 13 in a CGC 9.2? If anyone finds one, or wants to sell one, please let me know. Thanks

Post Here!

Ohh....Ohh.... Pick Me! Pick Me!

http://auctions.BluegrassComics.com

http://www.BluegrassComics.com

I sell books from all periods and usually have some Silver and Golden Age books for sale. I've just blown through 130 books or so in the past months, so my inventory is a little low now, but I'm hoping to have more to offer soon.

I also sell most of my raw books at half of guide (a bit more if they are high grade), so most books sell within a few weeks of listing (or even a few hours in some caes), so you just have to check frequently to see what I have. If I have something you need, it will be at a good price. I am always adding something each week. I list E-Bay first, and if it hasn't sold for awhile, I list it in my store. Most stuff under $5 is also only in my store, and not on E-Bay.

I've got a whole box of slabs to add (mostly late Silver or early Bronze), hopefully start on those on Sunday. I am also expecting several higher grade (9.0-9.4 hopefully) Hawkman books back from CGC in a couple of weeks.

has anyone bought from socal before? do they have accurate grading?

Decent enough...I'd say usually one point out (VF/NM is actually VF+, etc.), very, very rarely more than that, and occasionally you'll get one right on the money.

Bought this from them as a NM-, and it's all that. :cloud9:

FantasticFour117.jpg

This is slightly off-topic, but I was wondering if I could pick your brains for some advice:

I'm a reasonably serious comics reader, but not collector. Or rather, I collect mostly what I read, but have never spent much time/money going back to buy silver age books for purely collecting purposes.

Recently, though, I've become sort of taken with the idea of occasionally treating myself to a silver age book and I'm interested in getting a copy of JLA #1 (only because that's the book I first fell for as a kid).

My question is this: Understanding that I'm looking for books not primarily as investments, but because I'd like to own them, what are the cut-off grades at which point I really shouldn't buy a book because it's irresponsible? For instance, is it bad sense to get a 2.5 of something when spending more for a higher grade is the smarter thing to do?

This is, of course, an embarrassingly 101 question, but any advice people can give would be most appreciated.

This is slightly off-topic, but I was wondering if I could pick your brains for some advice:

I'm a reasonably serious comics reader, but not collector. Or rather, I collect mostly what I read, but have never spent much time/money going back to buy silver age books for purely collecting purposes.

Recently, though, I've become sort of taken with the idea of occasionally treating myself to a silver age book and I'm interested in getting a copy of JLA #1 (only because that's the book I first fell for as a kid).

My question is this: Understanding that I'm looking for books not primarily as investments, but because I'd like to own them, what are the cut-off grades at which point I really shouldn't buy a book because it's irresponsible? For instance, is it bad sense to get a 2.5 of something when spending more for a higher grade is the smarter thing to do?

This is, of course, an embarrassingly 101 question, but any advice people can give would be most appreciated.

Welcome to the Boards!

It's all relative to what you want vs what you can afford vs what your plans for the book are in the future.

Reader: get the lowest grade and read away to your heart's contentment

Invester: Highest grade available for the lowest price, keep and sell high

Collector: Highest grade you can afford that you are happy with and cherish it forever.

I dont have but a few comics for sale ATM. Mostly plan on selling some unrestored doubles, Some pressed and dry cleaned and some restored just to see what they sell for. I am just getting my website going so you wont see much right away. I am working on extreme disclosure so it takes a while to put stuff up as I do front,back scans and pic's of inside cover and centerfold and try to list every defect and grade them which takes time. Most of what I will sell will be cheap low grade stuff.

Here's my site:

www.mikescomicsshop.com