• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What was the last SilverAge Comic?

9 posts in this topic

There has been a lot of heated dispute over the end of the Silver Age/ start of the Bronze in these forums.

Check out the threads in the Bronze Forum regarding when the Bronze Age started (thus Silver ended).

There is no hard and fast date/ comic as opinions vary, but 1969/70 seems to be the most popular end of the Silver Age.

We're not far from agreement. As a DC fan, I agree the Silver Age ended when Kirby left Marvel's Fantastic Four for DC. But I time that to FF 102, Kirby's last consecutive issue. Also that issue was dated October 1970, the same month as Conan #1 ushered in the Bronze Age at Marvel. Neat, eh?

But for reasons I've gone in to elsewhere, I think there was some overlap between Silver and Bronze, with the Bronze Age beginning at least at DC in January 1970.

Cheers,

Z.