• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A new grading guide is coming out!

24 posts in this topic

Link.

April 26, 2006 is the release date.

You have to scroll down past the price guides to see the grading guide listing. It says an estimated ship date of Feb. '06 so maybe that's where the confusion lies.

Link.

That looks like the regular comic book price guide, not a new grading guide. I think they come out every few years when there is a major change in grading wether it be grading system or criteria.

Yeah, just like there's a new price guide that comes out every year when there is a major change in pricing whether it be real or imaginary. crazy.gif

It's a specialized degree that was a continuation of my Masters at the University of Baltimore in Publications Design. It mixes traditional writing, editing and graphic design disciplines with cutting edge approaches to multimedia, web design and programming, and other technological solutions for design and communication. Oddly enough, every bit of work I ever did in both degrees applies exactly to what I do today. And long before the thought of the museum job was even hinted, my doctoral dissertation was a socio-cultural analysis of collector psychology and a proposal for 21st century solutions for cataloguing and managing collectibles information.

So yes, "Curator" *is* what a Doctor of Communications Design does in my case. smile.gif

Link.

That looks like the regular comic book price guide, not a new grading guide. I think they come out every few years when there is a major change in grading wether it be grading system or criteria.

Yeah, just like there's a new price guide that comes out every year when there is a major change in pricing whether it be real or imaginary. crazy.gif

All price changes have been imaginary since about 1970......which is why I am willing to buy your collections for full 1970 value. PM me. devil.gif

poke2.gif

Can't tell you anything about the schedule for the next Grading Guide yet - not because it's a secret, but because I don't know. smile.gif It will be all new photography, hopefully lots of close-ups of defects, and lots of other additional information people have wanted to see included.

Can't tell you anything about the schedule for the next Grading Guide yet - not because it's a secret, but because I don't know. smile.gif It will be all new photography, hopefully lots of close-ups of defects, and lots of other additional information people have wanted to see included.

The last book, although a great resource, definitely did not show enough detail, which I assume is why you are going to have lots of closeups of defects (for sure, not "hopefully" as you say above!)

Will you do an eletronic version (CD/DVD or Web-archived or Downloadable) which would allow users to zoom in on the pics to see the detail of the defects?

Doing the thing in electronic format would not only provide better opportunity for the user to zoom in on all defects (not just the ones spotlighted by closeups in print) but would allow you a cheaper and easier way to provide multiple examples of books (front, back, and interior defects too) in each grade category than trying to do it in print. I'm sure you have enough customers who want print to justify doing it, but I wonder how many (besides me) would prefer a more comprehensive electronic version.

Maybe you're already planning it, but that's my 2 cents.

The last book, although a great resource, definitely did not show enough detail, which I assume is why you are going to have lots of closeups of defects (for sure, not "hopefully" as you say above!)

Will you do an eletronic version (CD/DVD or Web-archived or Downloadable) which would allow users to zoom in on the pics to see the detail of the defects?

Doing the thing in electronic format would not only provide better opportunity for the user to zoom in on all defects (not just the ones spotlighted by closeups in print) but would allow you a cheaper and easier way to provide multiple examples of books (front, back, and interior defects too) in each grade category than trying to do it in print. I'm sure you have enough customers who want print to justify doing it, but I wonder how many (besides me) would prefer a more comprehensive electronic version.

Maybe you're already planning it, but that's my 2 cents.

popcorn.gif What he said......