• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DFW Comic Book Show Sunday December 18,2005 (Irving,Texas)

14 posts in this topic

Just a friendly reminder to check out JMV Entertainment's

DFW Comic Book Show (Irving,Texas)

Sunday December 18,2005

Harvey Hotel -DFW Airport

4545 John Carpenter Freeway (HWY 114 and Ester)

Hours:10am -4pm

Admission: FREE !

Dealer Tables:$50.00 each (20 -6ft)

JMV Entertainment

Po Box 151

Temple,Tx 76503

(254)774 - 7824 / (254) 760 - 8682

info@jmventertainment.com

www.jmventertainment.com

yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

Ummm, so how was the show there, HalfassOfAPromoterMan?

Did you set up a little booth...? Did you have all your little book in nice little bags in nice little boxes...? Did you kindly greet the masses of people who showed up to look at your stuff...? How about making change... have any trouble... did you remember to bring enought quarters... dimes... nickles... how about pennies... you remembered the pennies, right? People always forget to bring enough change... 1s, 5s, 10s... there never seem to be enough, right? How was it packing up... everyone get out on time... it can sure suck if people hang around waaaay after the show is over, ya' know what I'm saying? Man I really hate that.

Ya know, I also really hate it when someone says they will be somewhere and then, when you get there they are a no-show. But the part that is the real pisser is that the dickhole didn't even have the courtesy to let the people who might be meeting him know that he wouldn't be there.

Well, obviously he had to cancel as his post announcing the show was not met with several dozen dealers pre-paying for tables within the first several hours, and obviously, there weren't tens and tens of pre-paying customers inquiring about the show. So, of course he cancelled the show, you would have done the same.

DANG! I broke my sarcasm again! insane.gif

So as I see it, all the shows that have been promoted on this forum by JMV Entertainment have been cancelled at the last minute. Am I right? Next one is scheduled for January 22 in San Antonio.

Well,there was one show that went on. Remember how its attendance was boosted by some up-scale Mexican tourists?

Yeah... the ones who happened to be staying in the hotel... and thought they were buying illustrated maps to the Alamo... foreheadslap.gif

Did you set up a little booth...? Did you have all your little book in nice little bags in nice little boxes...? Did you kindly greet the masses of people who showed up to look at your stuff...? How about making change... have any trouble... did you remember to bring enought quarters... dimes... nickles... how about pennies... you remembered the pennies, right? People always forget to bring enough change... 1s, 5s, 10s... there never seem to be enough, right? How was it packing up... everyone get out on time... it can sure suck if people hang around waaaay after the show is over, ya' know what I'm saying? Man I really hate that.

Ya know, I also really hate it when someone says they will be somewhere and then, when you get there they are a no-show. But the part that is the real pisser is that the dickhole didn't even have the courtesy to let the people who might be meeting him know that he wouldn't be there.

sign-funnypost.gif Especially if you read it to yourself in the voice of Stewie Griffin when he asks Brian "So, how's that novel you've been working on?"

Do these hotels have fully refundable deposits or no deposits for events? How can a "promoter" afford to keep booking and cancelling shows? What a maroon...

sign-funnypost.gif Especially if you read it to yourself in the voice of Stewie Griffin when he asks Brian "So, how's that novel you've been working on?"

thumbsup2.gif

You have passed the test. You may proceed to the head of the class.

thumbsup2.gif

You have passed the test. You may proceed to the head of the class.

I will give you $5 AMURRICAN money (none of that Mexican stuff) if you go to the San Antonio show on 1/22 and take lots of pictures.

I love that bit. 27_laughing.gif

Here it is for the unintiated...

"How you uh, how you comin' on that novel you're working on? Huh? Gotta a big, uh, big stack of papers there? Gotta, gotta nice litte story you're working on there? Your big novel you've been working on for 3 years? Huh? Gotta, gotta compelling protaganist? Yeah? Gotta obstacle for him to overcome? Huh? Gotta story brewing there? Working on, working on that for quite some time? Huh? [voice getting higher pitched] Yea, talking about that 3 years ago. Been working on that the whole time? Nice little narrative? Beginning, middle, and end? Some friends become enemies, some enemies become friends? At the end your main character is richer from the experience? Yeah? Yeah? [voice returns to normal] No, no, you deserve some time off."