• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman #608 for over $500!
3 3

454 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, kevhtx said:

I believe the points I made at the end of my post were what I was getting at in terms of why I think its justified.

Has anyone who actually owns the book chimed in to say they are disappointed in their purchase because they think their purchase was manipulated? Or, is everyone who is complaining, people who dont actually own the book?

Market value is complex and trying to narrow down one book's value to a couple specific sales seems to be a little narrow in terms of determining that value. If there were a lot of people complaining that their purchases were influenced by them, maybe I would be more inclined to believe it. But, a few people who dont own the book just complaining about a possible shady eBay user, Im not persuaded. If you guys own the book, I stand corrected though.

I don't think the market is being manipulated, however I do fully listen to the "haters", what they have to say and why they are saying it.  They have some solid points to think about and consider, which I've done and I still decided to spend $3.4K on the book last year.  Could the "haters" be right?  Yes, absolutely.  People are *spoon*holes, especially when it comes to money, but I don't think it applies to this book (yet?), imho.

Jerome

14 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

Wow very nice, a raw copy.  Looks great too!  Is it as minty fresh in person as it looks in the pic? 

-J.

It stopped me dead in my tracks on the way to the parking garage on sunday afternoon in Chicago. Never seen this book on a wall before and had to pull the trigger, very glad that I did.

4 minutes ago, KOLMARAVENUE said:

It stopped me dead in my tracks on the way to the parking garage on sunday afternoon in Chicago. Never seen this book on a wall before and had to pull the trigger, very glad that I did.

That's a really nice find!  A top two modern isn't often seen on a wall.  (worship)

Are you going to slab or leave raw ?

-J.

On 8/30/2017 at 0:21 AM, Jaydogrules said:

That's a really nice find!  A top two modern isn't often seen on a wall.  (worship)

Are you going to slab or leave raw ?

-J.

Thanks, I sent it in and will post the result when I get it back!

Edited by KOLMARAVENUE
i'm a person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed

8 hours ago, rckstr1253 said:

Awesome find.  How much was it going for?

A lot (thumbsu I knew this was a solid book when I pulled the trigger but after catching up with this thread I didn't realize how much drama is attached to it. I'm generally drawn to unusual books, price variants, double covers, errors, recalled, rrp's, and the like. Along with this I have an Uncanny X-men 423 error, JTHM 1 1st, GI Joe 63 So Much Fun, and more off the beaten path books getting graded along with it. I paid the asking price.

Yea, I had this comic at one point in the past, got it graded and came back 9.4 -- sold it right away but that was years ago.... and I see now shockingly that comic has appreciated well during the years.... for any NM copy I would say!  Congrats on that find!