• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How many years of income is your collection worth?

How many years of income is your collection worth?  

834 members have voted

1. 1. How many years of income is your collection worth?

93 posts in this topic

As an example, if you make $40K a year and your collection is worth about $10K, that's about 3 months worth....

I'm no mathematician (nor can I spell at this hour), but is this not four months worth? confused-smiley-013.gifpoke2.gif

I don't even know whether I should reply to that... foreheadslap.gif

Are there 16 months in a year? poke2.gifstooges.gif

As an example, if you make $40K a year and your collection is worth about $10K, that's about 3 months worth....

I'm no mathematician (nor can I spell at this hour), but is this not four months worth? confused-smiley-013.gifpoke2.gif

I don't even know whether I should reply to that... foreheadslap.gif

Are there 16 months in a year? poke2.gifstooges.gif

maybe he uses some strange non-Roman calendar. i think the Sumerians had a sixteen month calendar.

oh and Mark...10/40 = 25%. 25% of 12 is...? three! stick to sticking it to The Man

27_laughing.gif

blush.gif

It was late. foreheadslap.gif27_laughing.gif

in all honesty, i had you figured for busting out some insane, lawyerly defense, predicated on the poke2.gif graemlin you put in the first message.

i see now i had figured wrongly.

snarky evil laughter

blush.gif

It was late. foreheadslap.gif27_laughing.gif

in all honesty, i had you figured for busting out some insane, lawyerly defense, predicated on the poke2.gif graemlin you put in the first message.

i see now i had figured wrongly.

snarky evil laughter

I thought that it was an insance, lawyerly defense? Worked on judges! makepoint.gif

Is this why legal fees are skyrocketing?

Is this why legal fees are skyrocketing?

To masquarade my inability to do math or spell, yes. stooges.gif

I'm in the "A year or two" category, which is kinda is kinda frightening seeing I've only been collecting for 4 years blush.gif
Does that include your drug money?

I'm in the "A year or two" category, which is kinda is kinda frightening seeing I've only been collecting for 4 years blush.gif

Of course not,don't be silly, that's the college fund nest egg....

But college in Belgium hardly costs anything... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

But college in Belgium hardly costs anything... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

That's....true, but the kids will need beer money and such.... confused-smiley-013.gif

Bumping this poll, after seeing Gene's about percentage of net worth...

Curious as to what my Miata-jumping friend's answer would be now, given the speed with which he is accumulating Marvel runs. 893scratchchin-thumb.gifpoke2.gif

1 month

So, as per the other thread, 0.001% of your net worth is in comics/collectibles, which, in turn, is worth 1 month of your income.

If you do the math, your net worth is worth 100,000 months of your income, or, alternatively, 8,333.33 years of income.

I'm going to have to call BS here. tongue.gif