• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How many years of income is your collection worth?

How many years of income is your collection worth?  

834 members have voted

1. 1. How many years of income is your collection worth?

93 posts in this topic

I fall into 6 months to a year wholesale of just the really good stuff.

Retail, who knows these days (maybe a couple of years)

893scratchchin-thumb.gif things have changed.....

1 month

So, as per the other thread, 0.001% of your net worth is in comics/collectibles, which, in turn, is worth 1 month of your income.

If you do the math, your net worth is worth 100,000 months of your income, or, alternatively, 8,333.33 years of income.

I'm going to have to call BS here. tongue.gif

You know that 1koko is George Michael, right? gossip.gif

A 2007 article pegs GM's fortune as somewhere between 65 million to 100 million GBP. Even at the high end of that range, his implied yearly income based on 1koko's claims would be, at most, $24,000/year. I'm pretty sure GM is doing quite a bit better than that.

(And, yes, I'm sure that the 0.001% figure was intended to be hyperbolic. tongue.gif)

1 month

So, as per the other thread, 0.001% of your net worth is in comics/collectibles, which, in turn, is worth 1 month of your income.

If you do the math, your net worth is worth 100,000 months of your income, or, alternatively, 8,333.33 years of income.

hello all...

this got me to thinking, outside of Cage and Sheen (both former collectors) and the Titanic actor (can't remember his name, Leo?), are there any big name celebrities that are comic book collectors?...and, have any of them "really" posted to these boards (no offense 1koko, I know you share the name of the singer, so you are pretty close!)

rick

1 month

hello all...

this got me to thinking, outside of Cage and Sheen (both former collectors) and the Titanic actor (can't remember his name, Leo?), are there any big name celebrities that are comic book collectors?...and, have any of them "really" posted to these boards (no offense 1koko, I know you share the name of the singer, so you are pretty close!)

rick

Here's a thread from about 2 years ago:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/sho...part=1&vc=1

That's a toughie because I just started collecting again. I have picked up some nice stuff already, but ask me again in about 3 years when I have the whole FF collection, and about 6 years when I finish AF#15 / ASMs...

A 2007 article pegs GM's fortune as somewhere between 65 million to 100 million GBP. Even at the high end of that range, his implied yearly income based on 1koko's claims would be, at most, $24,000/year. I'm pretty sure GM is doing quite a bit better than that.

(And, yes, I'm sure that the 0.001% figure was intended to be hyperbolic. tongue.gif)

It scares me that you instantly knew what George Michael's estimated net worth is.

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 month

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm going to have to call BS here.

How do you know I haven't retired and I am well off (then the figures would be right).

Done a proper calculation now - 1% Net Worth and a month

How do you know I haven't retired and I am well off (then the figures would be right).

Even if you were just collecting $2,000/month in retirement benefits, that would peg your net worth close to $200 million based pn those figures! I figured my odds were pretty good. poke2.gif

I'm just busting your chops...all in good fun. wink.gif

Quote:

1 month

I'm going to have to call BS here.

Done a proper calculation now - 1% Net Worth and a month

Can i borrow a fiver george? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Curious as to what my Miata-jumping friend's answer would be now, given the speed with which he is accumulating Marvel runs. 893scratchchin-thumb.gifpoke2.gif

Just saw this, been busy reading all forums for the last three hours...man it sucks being bored, two weeks off at Easter is just too much tongue.gif

I'm still in the same bracket....remember our wages in Belgium are a lot lower than most Western countries as we pay 47% income tax. No idea how much I earn before taxes (and I really don't want to know) but my collection is currently worth about 2 1/2 years of my net income. The last year has been crazy with me spending about 20 - 25% of my monthly income on books every 30 days makepoint.gif

I'm still in the same bracket....remember our wages in Belgium are a lot lower than most Western countries as we pay 47% income tax.

47%? I pay 48.9% in combined marginal federal, state (NJ) and local (NYC) income taxes!!! And I don't get all the holidays and benefits you guys do!! I feel like I live in the People's Republic of America. Christo_pull_hair.gif

I'm still in the same bracket....remember our wages in Belgium are a lot lower than most Western countries as we pay 47% income tax.

47%? I pay 48.9% in combined marginal federal, state (NJ) and local (NYC) income taxes!!! And I don't get all the holidays and benefits you guys do!! I feel like I live in the People's Republic of America. Christo_pull_hair.gif

But you do get free public transport, medical care and insurance right ? Oh, my bad that's me as well poke2.gif

But you do get free public transport, medical care and insurance right ? Oh, my bad that's me as well poke2.gif

tonofbricks.giftonofbricks.giftonofbricks.gif

sign-funnypost.gif