• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How many years of income is your collection worth?

How many years of income is your collection worth?  

834 members have voted

1. 1. How many years of income is your collection worth?

93 posts in this topic

I haven't actually valued my collection with a price guide. The newsstand value is $126.64, and I don't think I have anything ultra rare in my collection, so it's probably worth less than a month's income. I actually read the comics I collect, so I usually go for mid-grade comics because they're cheaper (and easier to find).

Can i borrow a fiver george?

sorry.gif

I'm the poor one in my family.

One of 4 brothers.

Oldest brother is deputy ceo of an investment bank (huge salary, stock options and no tax charge where he is based - UK passport holders don't need to pay tax on worldwide income if out of the country for a full tax year)

2nd oldest brother retired when he was 39.

Youngest brother retired when he was 29.

foreheadslap.gif forgot the buyer's premium - there is a $9 minimum premium.

$10 doesn't make it such a good bargain insane.gif

you're kidding!!!! ... 893whatthe.gif I'd call them and retract your bid if you can... foreheadslap.gifstooges.gif

They have a 90% buyer's premium now??? foreheadslap.gif

Neat idea for a thread!!

Tough for me to answer since my primary source of income is selling comic books. But I guess the comics I currently own are probably equal to about 5 years of income for me. If tomorrow I were to sell off every comic book I own my family and I could probably comfortably live off the money for 7 or 8 years before I'd have to go looking for another job.

almost 2 and a half years later --the thread lives !!!!!! my personal collection is probably only worth a few months of my income -- yep it sucks :sorry:

+1