• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sell me a raw book for $50

95 posts in this topic

Nice opener! Do you have a better scan of the book itself? Is there a chip on the bottom corner?

Sorry, it's been in a slab for several years so there's no raw scan. Here are some better scans of the front and back (500k). Structurally it is a 4.0 but the covers are tanned around the edges so it was downgraded. If you want to call for the notes the number is 0107692001.

Front Cover

Back Cover

Wow! That's some serious back cover tanning!

No raw scan my ..........

1038894-BC45.jpg

scanned October 8th, 2000 according to my file data... sumo.gif

1038894-BC45.jpg.8709efa8a93b8d9f34ce655f06f66fac.jpg

Mostly late silver age Green Lanterns, Hulks, TTAs, DC war, DC horror, Silver Surfers and pretty much any major or minor key....but only in VF and above.

foreheadslap.gif Scanned the following before I read your qualification above. Oh well, anyone else for a 10 cent GL in Good condition? flowerred.gif

1038931-gl2_lograde.jpg

1038931-gl2_lograde.jpg.c7d065c7818b5769df919839615e991a.jpg

I can throw these in with your other two books for no additional shipping...

Surfer #10 - VF+ - $50

SilverSurfer10.jpg

Iron Fist #15 - VF+ - $30

IronFist15.jpg

Sub-Mariner #3 - VF+ - $35

Sub-Mariner3.jpg

Green Lantern #37 - VF - $50

GreenLantern37.jpg

Tales Of Suspense #86 - VF+ - $35

TalesOfSuspense86.jpg

And of course, anyone's free to hijack Andy's thread and buy these first...aren't they, John? tongue.gif

sorry I haven't read this entire thread, but could we have some focus by you listing your top 3 priority with respect to title and grade?

With 7+ pages after 2 days, I realize that KK could have sated his pathologic thirst for attention by simply starting a "sell me X of Y dollars" post once a week.

Ok, I'll open with this (not raw but it's all good)...

Black Cat Mysteries #45, CGC 2.0 c/ow

In COLORAMA

hey... I used to own that!

Glad to see the CGC case is holding the book together... thumbsup2.gif

Yup, that's it. Too bad you graded it a VG when you sold it to me. foreheadslap.gif

Just for the record, this book is pretty solid -- unlike several of the others out of that batch you sold to me.

That whole collection was full of books with great eye appeal and great color, and weak paper quality. foreheadslap.gif

like this one...

1038524-FAC17.jpg

grade and price on this book?

That whole collection was full of books with great eye appeal and great color, and weak paper quality. foreheadslap.gif

like this one...

1038524-FAC17.jpg

grade and price on this book?

You can actually grade this one straight from the scan. Very tight and flat. Bend in the URC, and piece missing from LRC. Some mild edge tanning of the covers. Pages are C-OW.

As for a price? confused-smiley-013.gif

It hasn't been in a "for sale" box in about 3 years. It's in one of the four boxes I tote with me to every show and then I never pull any books out to display, just have them there if someone asks for something and I think I might have it. confused-smiley-013.gif

sorry I haven't read this entire thread, but could we have some focus by you listing your top 3 priority with respect to title and grade?

With 7+ pages after 2 days, I realize that KK could have sated his pathologic thirst for attention by simply starting a "sell me X of Y dollars" post once a week.

To be honest, I am not really looking for anything specific. I figured I would just give people 3 or 4 days to post their stuff and I would pick something at the end of that time. In the process maybe a few other people would be interested in the books posted and a few other sales could be made. Didn't mean it to look like some weird attention grab. confused.gif

nothing wrong given that you intend to spend the $50

I actually did a bunch of listings about 6 months ago after seeing a "sell me something for $50" thread. I went through the boxes looking for some choice $50 candidates... the sort of stuff you have a pretty good idea will sell for $50, but maybe only get one bid. Sold a beater GS X-Men 1, a VGish Silver Surfer 4, a low grade FF 48, etc.

It's a nice way for people to pull out some interesting books that maybe guide for $60-80+/- and make a quick sale. Good way to move some of those nice VF+ books you decided aren't slab-worthy.

To be honest, I am not really looking for anything specific. I figured I would just give people 3 or 4 days to post their stuff and I would pick something at the end of that time. In the process maybe a few other people would be interested in the books posted and a few other sales could be made. Didn't mean it to look like some weird attention grab. confused.gif

I'm sure you didn't, it just struck me funny how quick the posts added up on this thread. Yes, it certainly has stimulated some action. I can see it's a nice alternative to surfing ebay looking to spend some $.