• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
37 37

12,725 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Pirate said:

Remember when he ripped all those people off with those sketch cards?  How quick people forget.  Did he ever finish them?

I'm not aware of that. My experiences with him have been quite good.

Just got this one today... a nice Christmas gift (to myself lol !)

Loved Nova as a kid, and Infantino is one of the artists I've wanted to add to my collection, so this page was just perfect!  Very excited to get it to the framer on Tuesday and up on the wall!

For now, I had to settle for adding it to my CAF

Merry Christmas everyone!

Frank

Nova19p7Infantino.thumb.jpg.1a81c2271135007f48eeea81e8e80c8b.jpg

I have been searching for a long time for a great Jaime Love and Rocket and finally found it. I have just added a nice early page from 1984. Love and Rockets #4 page 3 part of Locas: 100 Rooms. The page features, wrestling, a some what nicely contained little story, Hopey and Maggie in almost ever panel and Jaime's perfect line work & storytelling. Thanks for looking and hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1443103

mathew

2 hours ago, artistlost said:

I have been searching for a long time for a great Jaime Love and Rocket and finally found it. I have just added a nice early page from 1984. Love and Rockets #4 page 3 part of Locas: 100 Rooms. The page features, wrestling, a some what nicely contained little story, Hopey and Maggie in almost ever panel and Jaime's perfect line work & storytelling. Thanks for looking and hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1443103

mathew

Great page! Nice to see you are still in the game.

On 12/20/2017 at 5:06 PM, alxjhnsn said:

And, of course, Google is our friend. Apparently, he did catch up in 2012. http://tonyfleecs1aday.blogspot.com/

:golfclap:

Not to totally derail this thread about the Fleecs Fiasco, but I'm glad this ended positively. He knew he got in over his head but he handled it like a champ. This was a learning lesson he can now own and not have to duck and dodge at every convention forever if he had handled it a different way(ie, ignored it). 

BTW, I remember this situation very clearly since I ordered several sketch cards from Tony when this was available. I never knew about the blog until today (Thanks, @Alxjhnsn :foryou:), but looks like mine were done Within the first 50 DAYS.

Three pieces of art appeared under our tree this year. Click the image to learn more.

My wife got a recreation of her favorite Peanuts trip by Bruce McCorkindale

6b5jnOOq_2512172250011gpadd.jpg

My Secret Santa got me a wonderful addition to my "Supergirl vs." theme. This time she's taking on her jerk ex-boyfriend Powerboy.

7frt66M1_2612171643201gpadd.jpg

An the capper to my Christmas, Jeremy Bastian's very first Cursed Pirate Girl commission
I62mAgoN_2612171707011gpadd.jpg

17 hours ago, fishbone said:

My first Romita’s !!!!! Woo Hoo !!

Spoiler

286453A0-BF08-4A41-A5E4-C4DDB278436D.jpeg

Spoiler

92186D9D-1F42-4CFD-A63C-C4E426D83F9A.jpeg

Nice pickups! I've often thought about looking for a Spider-man strip by Romita and your's is pretty much perfect. Congratulations.

I will just have to make do with MJ. :) 
Romita,%20John%20-%20Mary%20Jane%20Watson%20(head%20shot%20only).jpeg

Edited by alxjhnsn

2 minutes ago, alxjhnsn said:

Nice pickups! I've often thought about looking for a Spider-man strip by Romita and your's is pretty much perfect. Congratulations.

I will just have to make do with MJ. :) 
Romita,%20John%20-%20Mary%20Jane%20Watson%20(head%20shot%20only).jpeg

Thanks!  Price was just about at my max that I wanted to spend on a Romita page and strip, with lots of Spidey action. So stoked about it!! Figured get in now until prices get out of my range ...can't wait to frame and display.

Edited by fishbone