• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
37 37

12,725 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, minisink warrior said:

Recently acquired a Keith Pollard Fantastic Four Issue 328 page 

That's an awesome piece warrior! Even great once you get past the first panel :x

Added a couple of pieces that fit the trophy wall theme.

One was through heritage auctions, and the other was a commission piece. 

First is Richard Pace's "Harvey Dent's & Two Face's Trophy Room" I did a nice write up of how Richard and I arrived at the composition for the piece and the various thematic elements. 

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1449539

5a6fd02d2c0c6_PaceTwoFaceTrophyRoom.thumb.jpeg.1ed6d63fa0be7b97f37f96d450ac3006.jpeg

The other was from a Heritage Auction, but fit nicely into the theme.

Giorgio Comolo's "Space Game Hunter". 

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1449542

I've identified most of the trophies in this piece, if you can spot the ones I missed please include information in the comments, I'd appreciate the help as some of these are on the tip of my tongue but I can't place them. That's the danger of picking up a trophy room that I didn't have a hand in creating. lol

5a6fd0971f173_SpaceGameHunterComolo.thumb.jpg.d5e9c11aac223b8d788c4c309edc40ca.jpg

2 minutes ago, comix4fun said:

I've identified most of the trophies in this piece, if you can spot the ones I missed please include information in the comments, I'd appreciate the help as some of these are on the tip of my tongue but I can't place them. That's the danger of picking up a trophy room that I didn't have a hand in creating. lol

5a6fd0971f173_SpaceGameHunterComolo.thumb.jpg.d5e9c11aac223b8d788c4c309edc40ca.jpg

Heh. When I saw this listed, immediately though of you and wondered if you'd go for it or preferred only commissioning things yourself made-to-order. Good to see it landed where it needed to.

Just now, vodou said:

Heh. When I saw this listed, immediately though of you and wondered if you'd go for it or preferred only commissioning things yourself made-to-order. Good to see it landed where it needed to.

Ah, thanks. lol

I almost never pick up ones that weren't my idea, but I love Comolo's work and had commissioned him for one of my own years ago.

brainiac1.jpg.7aa46d04b9454a3da9c1ae045a516843.jpg

Also it wound up being less expensive than a Comolo of that detail level would cost me if I commissioned it, so it worked out. 

It seems like Trophy Wall themed covers are all over the place in the last 5-6 years by all kinds of publishers. Or at least I notice them all anyway.

Unless it's really great I don't go for most of them. 

25 minutes ago, comix4fun said:

Added a couple of pieces that fit the trophy wall theme.

One was through heritage auctions, and the other was a commission piece. 

First is Richard Pace's "Harvey Dent's & Two Face's Trophy Room" I did a nice write up of how Richard and I arrived at the composition for the piece and the various thematic elements. 

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1449539

5a6fd02d2c0c6_PaceTwoFaceTrophyRoom.thumb.jpeg.1ed6d63fa0be7b97f37f96d450ac3006.jpeg

The lizard-head in the upper left could be almost anything, but I wonder if it is Gorn from Star Trek?

17 minutes ago, SquareChaos said:

The lizard-head in the upper left could be almost anything, but I wonder if it is Gorn from Star Trek?

I was thinking Gorn too, but the size is off.  It's huge compared to the Predator head. 

Thank for the help though, I am still trying. 

Just now, comix4fun said:

I was thinking Gorn too, but the size is off.  It's huge compared to the Predator head. 

Thank for the help though, I am still trying. 

The perspective is tough on that one, I couldn't tell how much closer to the viewing angle it really is.

The tiny head looks like nothing so much as the shrunken head from Beetlejuice but that doesn't feel like it fits. But I mean.. how many tiny headed individuals from popular culture are there that also have their mouth sewn shut?

ShrunkenHeadGuy.jpg?w=280&h=210&fit=crop

7 hours ago, Squeezy McSphincter said:

The potential Gorn also kind of looks like the picture used to suggest that Obama may be an alien space lizard.  Further proof of infiltration?

barack-202x300.png

According to David Icke...yes. As if proof is even needed.

12 hours ago, SquareChaos said:

The perspective is tough on that one, I couldn't tell how much closer to the viewing angle it really is.

The tiny head looks like nothing so much as the shrunken head from Beetlejuice but that doesn't feel like it fits. But I mean.. how many tiny headed individuals from popular culture are there that also have their mouth sewn shut?

ShrunkenHeadGuy.jpg?w=280&h=210&fit=crop

Brilliant! Yes I think that's it.

Someone else left a comment on the CAF listing that the figure just above the hunter's head to the left seems to be a stylized planet of the apes gorilla. I see it now. Sort of an Ursus headdress.