• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
37 37

12,743 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Panelfan1 said:

Just posted Charles Addams - The Addams Family art.

Been a fan of the show since I was a kid. Loved the humour. Around the time the movies started coming out I discovered the panel cartoons by Addams via a book called My Crowd. As a fan of Gary Larson's Far Side - I fell in love instantly with what was clearly a predecessor. This is advertising art that is almost 40 years old.

CAD LINK HERE.

af.jpg

Love Addams. That is spectacular!

2 hours ago, GreatEscape said:
Saw Deadpool 2 last night, great movie, lots of fun!  (thumbsu   Here's my vintage Rob Liefeld New Mutants #91 (1990) team splash with a huge Cable image bursting off the page.  For Liefeld fans, it’s a definitive Cable--  the grimace, big gun, small head, pads everywhere and no feet!

PMNE2Ya5_2602181551061gpadd.jpg

Was the guy who played cable a good match? Still have to go see it.

Had an amazing time at 3 Rivers Comicon 2018 this weekend. Met some new friends, talked Comics and art with some old friends and all in all had an amazing time. Thanks to all involved!!!

Nightwing. If this piece had a title I would call it “Balance.” In one hand he is clutching his original Robin costume. In his other hand he is clutching the cape and cowl of Batman. 

This is piece that shows the history of Grayson from his start as Robin to his evolution into Nightwing and even the times that he has stepped in to wear the cape and cowl and his possible future. 
Drawn by the quintessential Nightwing artist Scott McDaniel. This 11x17 piece was commissioned at the 2018 Three Rivers Comic Con. Scott was gracious and just a great to work with and I had the added bonus of talking with his mom Dolores, who is the nicest person you will meet at any comic convention ever. I have wanted a piece by Scott for a while now and this delivered in every way shape and form. 

Mister Miracle by Pat Olliffe. This 9x12 commission was obtained at Three Rivers Comic Con. I had the good fortune of meeting Pat weeks earlier at Big Bang Comics in Sewickley. He did a fantastic Batman Unmasked for me then. At his table he had an awesome print of Orion. It was then the light bulb went off for me. 
Tom King and Mitch Gerad’s collaboration has been a revelation and truly the best comics on the shelves. I asked Pat to draw Mister Miracle unmasked with his beard clutching his Fourth World Sword. Pat is an INCREDIBLE artist but this was truly next level. He exceeded my own very high expectations. 

“Death in the Family” by Mike DeCarlo. This was a piece that I picked up from a dealer at Three Rivers Comic Con. According to the dealer he bought this a few months ago from Mike directly. This beautiful piece was a commission that was not picked up. 
Mike DeCarlo worked with my favorite Batman Artist Jim Aparo specifically Batman “Death in the Family.”

Death of Superman by Brett Breeding.  I met Brett at the 2018 Three Rivers Comic Con. I asked him for this piece as “The Death of Superman was the  first major comic event I ever experienced. It was the first time I learned there was more than one comic shop. I went to the phone book and called Adventures in Comics who told me they would be receiving more copies but it was not the first printing in the black bag. I didn’t care, I was just so excited to read the story. I was at the age where I honestly believed that when Superman died he was not coming back. The artwork was incredible, the power, the great use of the splash page. Dan Jurgens and Brett Breeding drew the definitive Superman for me. 
Watching Brett draw this was a treat, his line work is so precise that it was magic watching this come to life. 

Electric Superman Blue by Ron Frenz. This was a fun commission. I have seen Ron at several shows in fact the first original art I ever bought was from Ron at the Pittsburgh Comic Con back when it was still at the Monroeville Convention Center. The pages features Superman when he had the Electric powers and Containment Suit. I thought they were so cool. I wanted to see him holding the classic costume. When I told Ron that’s what I wanted he smiled and seemed genuinely happy that I asked for that. I was very happy with how this turned out and Ron delivered a great piece. 

Batman #563 No Man’s Land: Part 3 Page 22
Writer: Bob Gale 
Pencils: Alex Maleev 
Inks: Wayne Faucher 

Such a great page depicting the first meeting of Batman and Batgirl (Helena Bertinelli). This was when Alex Maleev was drawing with traditional pencils. I love the conversation between Batman and Batgirl and the inks by Wayne Faucher are just perfect. This took a little convincing for Wayne to part with it but I am so happy that I know own this page. I loved “No Man’s Land” it’s escalation from “Cataclysm” was incredibly fun comics. 

Batman: Shadow of the Bat #87
Writer: Greg Rucka
Penciler: Mike Deodato
Inker: Wayne Faucher 

A great page by Mike Deodato purchased from Wayne Faucher at Three Rivers Comic Con. 

Titans #10 Page 1
Writer: Judd Winick 
Penciler: Howard Porter 
Inker: Wayne Faucher 

A wonderful splash page featuring The Justice League drawn by the preeminent JLA artist Howard Porter. An incredible find at Three Rivers Comic Con

All in all this years Three Rivers Comic Con was a resounding success I met all my goal met some wonderful people, talked with some wonderful people, and made some fantastic additions to my art collection. 

F9987366-0290-4353-919E-8728D2747AE1.jpeg

BC11DC68-F22E-4E81-A07A-429F77CFD49A.jpeg

93CD2405-CCEA-46A9-BFAD-BFE8389E2C32.jpeg

AD913D3C-8363-458F-B6F4-F5BDA705189F.jpeg

FB3CF9C4-522D-4F27-8FE4-7AB98AA5187B.jpeg

A4A6205F-F317-4F84-BD9A-8730407D90C0.jpeg

1DBE6F25-45CF-4E48-8739-93ED59569D67.jpeg

B6AC9256-6935-4F7F-8342-EACC07568D2A.jpeg

That's a drop-dead gorgeous piece, Panelfan1. One of my favorite books.

Just acquired this one from Valerie D'Orazio, Darwyn Cooke's editor on Selina's Big Score, on eBay ... against some bidders I suspect were from this board, too :P Just beautiful. Thanks for not bidding it any higher folks :ohnoez:

CAF link here.

Darwyn_Cooke_Selinas_Big_Score.jpg

I jumped at the chance to get a page from Rom #1 when Sal Buscema's agent, Scott Kress, put them up for sale on Catskillcomics.com. First, I got Rom #1 pg 30 from the first batch he put up, then, after no one bought it, I got Rom #1 page 19 from the second group (because the word balloon is missing where it says his name, I may have been the only one to notice that it was Rom's first appearance in human form). I am so happy to put these two pages from this awesome issue from my childhood into my collection (page 19 is supposed to arrive in the mail tomorrow).

rom1pg30.jpg

rom1pg19SalBuscema.JPG

On 5/22/2018 at 5:57 PM, ahsieh said:

That's a drop-dead gorgeous piece, Panelfan1. One of my favorite books.

Just acquired this one from Valerie D'Orazio, Darwyn Cooke's editor on Selina's Big Score, on eBay ... against some bidders I suspect were from this board, too :P Just beautiful. Thanks for not bidding it any higher folks :ohnoez:

CAF link here.

Darwyn_Cooke_Selinas_Big_Score.jpg

Very nice. I saw this and considered bidding, but lost track of time.