• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
37 37

12,725 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, ivdyer said:

Adam Kubert Hunt for Wolverine cover.  Thank you to Doug Peters and team.  

2682DCA4-6AC7-451D-BE6C-5E675E38B3BB_zps

I can't just give that a like lol

It needs a post, it's Awesome! A lot of stuff posted here is, but this is right up my alley.   Congrats!

Now a days - political correctness - is at an all time high - so not sure how this piece would play if it were produced today, rather than in 1987.  Personally, I have been after comic art featuring characters from old time cartoons (like Space Ghost, Spiderman and his amazing friends, super friends, etc..) for a while now.  Long before I ever held a comic in my hands, I fell in love with cartoons.  So comics based on cartoons were a natural attraction for me.  Here is a racy yet simultaneously innocent pin up of Jezebel Jade and the Jonny Quest gang from back in the day.

see it HERE.

johnny.jpg

Edited by Panelfan1

From SDCC. 

Nite Owl. Golden Age cover commission. By Dave Gibbons. To describe this piece as infinitely special doesn’t even begin to cover it. With Watchmen Dave Gibbons and Alan Moore created a story that redefined the medium. My favorite sections were about Hollis Mason the Golden Age Nite-Owl. I poured over them constantly. My comic Mysteryman exists because I wanted more adventures with the character. So to have a new piece of Watchmen artwork by the original artist is just amazing. I love that Dave made it a cover to a comic book. This feels like this should be in Hollis’ apartment, hanging on the wall. It’s a little meta and it makes me love it all the more. I am so grateful that I got to thank Dave for this piece in person over the weekend.

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1487366

F5ADE3E9-8A04-4D9C-9DA1-30B320C30C4B.jpeg

DCFC3762-D231-4267-B534-36E2D3CEAE41.jpeg

Edited by comicfanboy007

24 minutes ago, comicfanboy007 said:

From SDCC. 

Nite Owl. Golden Age cover commission. By Dave Gibbons. To describe this piece as infinitely special doesn’t even begin to cover it. With Watchmen Dave Gibbons and Alan Moore created a story that redefined the medium. My favorite sections were about Hollis Mason the Golden Age Nite-Owl. I poured over them constantly. My comic Mysteryman exists because I wanted more adventures with the character. So to have a new piece of Watchmen artwork by the original artist is just amazing. I love that Dave made it a cover to a comic book. This feels like this should be in Hollis’ apartment, hanging on the wall. It’s a little meta and it makes me love it all the more. I am so grateful that I got to thank Dave for this piece in person over the weekend.

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1487366

F5ADE3E9-8A04-4D9C-9DA1-30B320C30C4B.jpeg

DCFC3762-D231-4267-B534-36E2D3CEAE41.jpeg

Very cool piece. great photo too!