• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
37 37

12,725 posts in this topic

On 8/6/2018 at 7:24 PM, Panelfan1 said:

Now a days - political correctness - is at an all time high - so not sure how this piece would play if it were produced today, rather than in 1987.  Personally, I have been after comic art featuring characters from old time cartoons (like Space Ghost, Spiderman and his amazing friends, super friends, etc..) for a while now.  Long before I ever held a comic in my hands, I fell in love with cartoons.  So comics based on cartoons were a natural attraction for me.  Here is a racy yet simultaneously innocent pin up of Jezebel Jade and the Jonny Quest gang from back in the day.

see it HERE.

johnny.jpg

Seems like an homage to the old Coppertone commercial advertisement (but yes, it's cute).

22 hours ago, Panelfan1 said:

Wasnt/isn't he doing titans or some such title at DC?

He was. On Twitter he mentions how it's been frustrating to be under contract w/DC but not being given any regular work lately. 

Edited by awayne83

17 hours ago, awayne83 said:

Nice piece. Always been a fan of Booth's and think he's a little underappreciated. Hope he he gets a full time gig soon 

Yeah. I think he never got  the respect he deserves and written off as a Jim Lee clone. His work has improved over the years. I think his current inker, Norm Rapmund brings out the best in Brett's work. He was on Titans up until issue 18 and he's done 2 DC/Hanna Barbera one shots since then. Flash/ Speed Buggy and Joker/ Daffy Duck. He's been given a story  arc on a current DC book, but he's looking for a regular monthly again. He's still under contract at DC>

Just added some new pieces to my CAF. Two bronze-age Neal Adams Brave & Bold pages -- one with Green Arrow, one with Deadman, an unusual Krenkel, a Gill Fox one-page humor story from Doll Man #3, a cool Suydam half splash and a Shiverbones Halloweenized cover that I realize I'd never posted.

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerynew.asp?GCat=3878

I know this don't belong here
but is the best place in the forum I found to post it.

Jerry Ordway post a pic of himself reacting to the Original Art
of the cover of Rampaging Hulk # 23 by Walt Simonson...

Peculiar, I don't see too many pictures of artist looking at OA...

DkIaVonXoAAIC0W.thumb.jpg.8e97b58a73b0918da60c8eb62364a81d.jpg

got this cool cover recreation by benjamin marra, who mostly is known for doing indie comic work. he's @benjamin_marra on instagram in case you like his work and want to follow him. his graphic novel O.M.W.O.T. is one of the sickest indie comics i've ever seen. 

marra-hulk181-recreation.jpg

Good Morning,

I recently updated my CAF with the following 2 pieces :

Vampirella Cover 2 - Mike Mayhew

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1491742

Spirit Illustration - Will Eisner

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1492219

If anyone knows where this Spirit Illustration and my other Will Eisner Spirit San Diego Comic Con piece was used would be awesome.

Hope you like it.