• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
37 37

12,743 posts in this topic

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 8:10 PM, SearchForSpidey said:

My first piece of original art. Amazing Spider Man Renew Your Vows issue 11 pg 2. Brian Level. Won’t be my last.  :-) 

1285F46E-5E2C-41DE-B680-C4502CA846F0.jpeg

Congrats and great eye for a first pickup!

Not a new "art day" but I had a Dale Keown Jean Grey/Beast DPS that was only partially inked by Bob McLeod (long story, which is explained in my CAF description).  Bob McLeod was at a local con and he offered to finish the inks so here it is:

CAF Link

Thanks for looking

Malvin

Alright, so this isn't original art YET.  They're just blank books for the time being.  But I've been inspired by other people's jam pieces, that these books will serve as the perfect canvas to begin accumulating sketches, remarques, and commissions for many years to come.  (There was a Superman one also, that sold out at my LCS, but they have another shipment arriving on Wednesday).  I almost wonder if I should commission some sort of connecting cover.  Either way, very excited to get started on this journey which, like I said, is likely to take many many years to complete.  I assume others here picked up the same books with the same intentions.

(And apologies for posting in the OA thread with no OA to speak of.  I was just really excited to see these on shelves and had to share my excitement somewhere.)

1118278392_Blankcovers.thumb.JPG.f808762980452707b1d62de0ec5e09fa.JPG

1 hour ago, Sooners151 said:

Posted this on CAF yesterday but wanted to share here as well.

Batman Eternal #1 Cover by Jason Fabok

Love how the whole Bat family, rogues and allies, was incorporated into this piece.  

Thanks for looking!

https://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1507314

img20181024_14352377.jpg

One of my favorite "recent" covers! Congrats!!!!