• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
37 37

12,725 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Canadiancomics said:

Just received my ASM 100 jam back from NYCC. After 3 trys this year, I was finally able to add an Adam Kubert Kingpin, loved his run on Spectacular Spidey. Full list of artists and characters below. What other spidey artists should I try to add?

image.jpeg.683eb23f82a28f26996e5f167df6df77.jpeg

image.jpeg.bae8ffbabb320770e5883b360b5aa605.jpeg

JSC - Lizard (FX Boston '18)
Adam Hughes - Gwen Stacy (FX Canada '17)
Adam Kubert - Kingpin (NYCC ‘18)
Ron Frenz - Spider-Man (Home commission)
Humberto Ramos - Green Goblin (FX Canada '17)
Mike Zeck - Punisher (FX Canada '17)
Tyler Kirkham - Rhino (FX Boston '18)
Joe Sinnott - Dr. Doom (Private signing)
Erik Larsen - Doc Ock (FX Canada '17)
Clayton Crain - Carnage (Monroe '17)
Adi Granov - Venom (FX Canada '17)
Bob McLeod - Kraven (FX Boston '18)
Ed McGuinness - Mysterio (FX Canada '17)
Keith Pollard - Black Cat (Baltimore '17)
Joe Jusko - Electro (FX Canada '17)

Very cool, I will never get to a major con, this is a real achievement!  David

33 minutes ago, aokartman said:

Very cool, I will never get to a major con, this is a real achievement!  David

Thanks! I wish I was able to obtain all of these in person, but for a couple artists, I have mailed the jam out to have them add to it at different cons that I could not attend in person.

1 hour ago, Canadiancomics said:

Thanks! I wish I was able to obtain all of these in person, but for a couple artists, I have mailed the jam out to have them add to it at different cons that I could not attend in person.

It gets better every time I see it ^^

On 10/27/2018 at 10:25 AM, Blastaar said:

I have a soft spot for 90's cheese. Here is a cool splash of XO and Ninjak by Neil Vokes.

ouyguguigui.thumb.jpg.7de22da250e00a2154a731be4954ffa1.jpg

Received it today and the darn page is bent from the mail delivery. Not a complete fold over but a good 45 degree bend. Tips on flatning.. if at all possible?

2 hours ago, Blastaar said:

Received it today and the darn page is bent from the mail delivery. Not a complete fold over but a good 45 degree bend. Tips on flatning.. if at all possible?

you can get it pressed for $100-$200 from a restorer (plus shipping both ways)

Malvin

22 hours ago, Blastaar said:

Send it to Robert Dennis, Gordon Christman, or Tracy Heft.

In the many threads on paper conservation, the names that recur the most were:

I would add that most major museums know of paper conservators. You might want to contact someone at a local museum and see if there is a conservator close to you.

10 minutes ago, alxjhnsn said:

Send it to Robert Dennis, Gordon Christman, or Tracy Heft.

In the many threads on paper conservation, the names that recur the most were:

I would add that most major museums know of paper conservators. You might want to contact someone at a local museum and see if there is a conservator close to you.

I had Robert Dennis work on a piece for me and I couldn’t be more pleased with the results. When I talked to him about it, it freaked me out a bit when he said he was going to submerge it in water but he knew what he was doing and I’m glad I went with him 

A couple of new (to me) Frank Brunner pencil drawings:

Doctor Strange 4 p. 3 prelim

615LG1YE_0111181312481gpadd.jpg

Sketch of Nightmare by Frank Brunner (1975)

This is from set #2 of the "Brunner Packages."

Back in 1975 Frank Brunner was selling off some of his original art as 10 packages called “Frank Brunner’s Authentic Doctor Strange Nostalgia Kit.” The sets contained: a piece of original art, signed copies of Dr. Strange 1-5, 5 Xeroxes of Brunner pencils, A hand-colored copy of a cover, and a numbered sketch. I also have in my gallery a sketch of Clea from set #10. 

O1x8xExF_0111181326061gpadd.jpg

On 10/29/2018 at 9:50 PM, Blastaar said:

It depends on how bad the bend is. Did it crease the paper? Because that’s something else. 

Otherwise, putting a lot of weight as Panelfan suggests should do the trick. Just make sure you sandwich the art between two pieces of cardboard or similar that’s larger than the art. If you lay books directly on the art then you risk leaving the book spine’s impression on your art, which is harder problem to solve on your own. 

Also, after doing the whole putting weight on the thing, if you are left with a slight curl, you can stick it in the back of your portfolio and the weight from the other pages will eventually flatten it out.