• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
37 37

12,725 posts in this topic

On 11/14/2018 at 3:07 PM, BookofStrange said:

Defenders 8 p. 13 (1973) Sal Buscema (Penciller) and Frank  McLaughlin (Inker)

9So7MgEn_1411181220291gpadd.jpg

PLOOG? Nice sound effect.

See you for the duel at HA tomorrow! (I may not be bidding, but likely am.)

I added another "cover" to my Alan Moore Supreme collection.  The full cover was actually on 2 pieces of art board.  I had one piece and never knew if the other piece even existed (or it was from interior panel pages) but fate has a way of working out and the rest of the cover found it's way to me!

Link to Supreme Issue 42 Cover

Malvin

My favorite CrossGen book (and I liked most of them a lot) was Ruse by Mark Waid and Butch Guice. The stories were fascinating and the art was spectacular.

Recently, thanks to a Kickstarter to reprint Swords of the Swashbuckers to raise money for Bill Mantlo, I received a commission that I’ve long wanted - Simon Archard and Emma Bishop.

Click the image and enjoy! 

image.png.da8b592c53d9eebef2933f82dfedf411.png

1 hour ago, Ron C. said:

These are my first two pieces of OA (or preliminary cover), so please be kind. :)  Two of my favorite artists.... first, the OA for Love and Rockets #15, page 5 by Jaime Hernandez. Also, the preliminary sketch for Mr. and Mrs. X #1 Variant cover by Mike Mayhew  @mikemayhewstudio

Love and Rockets #15 Page 5 OA.jpg

Mayhew sketch.jpg

Wow. For a first timer you did well. 

This is my first original art post! 

As a Golden age Timley collector, I've made it as mission of mine to collect every piece of original art featuring the Mighty Destroyer

Here is what I have nailed down in the Invaders series thus far!

I'm always looking to buy! So for any of you that have Destroyer art, I definitely am interested, just shoot me private message!!!!

invaders 18 .jpg

invaders 34.jpg

invaders 34 page 7.jpg

At the annual Gothenburg Book Fair in September I bought several pieces of OA from swedish comic artist Oscar Hjelmgren. Among them was this opening splash from his comic A.M.O.K. which features antrophomorphic animals and runs in every issue of the Herman Hedning comic book (it was published in issue 8/2014):

AMOK_HH-8-2014-p51.jpg.59737154224f8e431ad11c4d738af7ee.jpg

It is a hommage to the science-fiction movies of the 1950's and I believe he managed to cover quite a lot in one picture. Click on it for a larger scan in my CAF gallery.

On ‎11‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 6:24 PM, Bird said:

PLOOG? Nice sound effect.

See you for the duel at HA tomorrow! (I may not be bidding, but likely am.)

I have a MP38 Weirdworld page with a "Ploog" sound effect was this an "in" joke of some kind - ah heck I'll post it - see last panel

Ploog Nino M Premiere i38 p16 001.jpg

Just now, mtlevy1 said:

I have a MP38 Weirdworld page with a "Ploog" sound effect was this an "in" joke of some kind - ah heck I'll post it - see last panel

Mike Ploog was an awesome Marvel artist! I assume they are tongue in cheek tributes to him.

4 hours ago, Bill C said:

First appearance of Krugarr (the 31st century Sorcerer Supreme) from Valentino/Montano's Guardians of the Galaxy annual #1 (1991):

https://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1513079

Didn't even realize I had this. He was the one guy (from the first team era) that was done somewhat visually faithfully in the movie.

Cool page. But I’m intrigued. Who was he in the movie (which movie?)? I don’t recognize him.