• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
37 37

12,725 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, exitmusicblue said:

My 2nd McFarlane (and likely the only one of Venom I'll ever have...) --

https://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1522123

Pretty sweet though!

20 hours ago, Pete Marino said:

Starting out 2019 as a huge fan of the Into the Spider-Verse movie, which finally got me to read the Spider-Verse crossover I've had on my shelf for 3 years.

And, wow, i actually liked it!  And I see why everyone thinks Spider-Gwen is awesome.  On top of that, they are planning on doing a Spider-Women spinoff movie.  So when I was able to get 2 consecutive pages, including the 1st true team-up page of the Spider-Women, I had to jump on it.

(I put the images in spoilers for easier viewing, and less scrolling hell)

https://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?Piece=1522282

Hide contents

spider-woman_3_19.thumb.jpg.2c51179fb96b41d43046846e6e605b27.jpg

and

https://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?Piece=1522284

Reveal hidden contents

spider-woman_3_20.thumb.jpg.530b6d1fdfcbaaf2e02d2b736d0a9f81.jpg

Land and Leisten sure make a good team. 

Edited by Blastaar

55 minutes ago, Pete Marino said:

This is my 2nd art day in a row where I had to read a snide remark about it.

I know the warts on my art.  But thank you for pointing it out. 

There used to be some decorum on these boards.  I posted a snide comment once, a fellow collector (someone other than the person that posted the art) explained why it was such bad form.  I deleted the comment and never did my best to not do something like that again.  Somehow we've lost those unwritten rules around here.

I apologize, not my intention. I own several Lands and actually started a thread about how great his art is. I'll delete my comment and be sure to think before I type and show some more class. 

Edited by Blastaar

3 hours ago, GreatEscape said:

Happy New Year! Proud to start my 2019 with a vintage Moon Knight cover by Bill Sienkiewicz!  One of his best IMO with a huge central image of Moon Knight defending justice on the moon itself. 

Moon Knight 7 cover

9rUUmAqR_0708180848271sbpi.jpg

Oh yeah...I've loved this since the day I first saw it in 1981. One of the best early Bill-doing-Neal MK covers.

On 1/13/2019 at 10:21 AM, GreatEscape said:

Happy New Year! Proud to start my 2019 with a vintage Moon Knight cover by Bill Sienkiewicz!  One of his best IMO with a huge central image of Moon Knight defending justice on the moon itself. 

Moon Knight 7 cover

9rUUmAqR_0708180848271sbpi.jpg

I didn't get a chance to vote in the "Best of 2018" yet, but I already know one of my votes one year from now in the "Best of 2019".

On 1/14/2019 at 7:35 PM, Eltanin said:

I didn't get a chance to vote in the "Best of 2018" yet, but I already know one of my votes one year from now in the "Best of 2019".

Ah, silly me! I just realized it is actually registered in the Best Of 2018, so I won't have to wait next year to vote for it. It just got my vote.

Edited by Eltanin

hello, i just obtained a piece i really enjoy, it has an original hand drawn, signed  spider man by humberto ramos next to a john romita sr cover for  a souvenir program!

it was initially slabbed but was on ebay unslabbed and came with the original official header tag - with the id number corresponding correctly to the listing here.  the seller (very trustworthy) siad she un slabbed it to get humberto's signature next to his spider man.

question: is it possible to get it re-slabbed?

CGC 1.jpg

CGC 2.jpg

On 1/16/2019 at 7:05 PM, LWHITE1999 said:

hello, i just obtained a piece i really enjoy, it has an original hand drawn, signed  spider man by humberto ramos next to a john romita sr cover for  a souvenir program!

it was initially slabbed but was on ebay unslabbed and came with the original official header tag - with the id number corresponding correctly to the listing here.  the seller (very trustworthy) siad she un slabbed it to get humberto's signature next to his spider man.

question: is it possible to get it re-slabbed?

CGC 1.jpg

CGC 2.jpg

Not with a yellow signature series label.....unless perhaps if you contacted Humberto Ramos and he signed a CGC form that said it was his..... you might want to post in the Signature CGC forum, they'd be more apt with options.... I know for a fact that after the fact signatures are available for yellow label, but you have to go to cgc for a form for the artist(s) to fill out, and it might cost some $$ but you'd get a more satisfying answer by calling CGC....

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/forum/48-the-signature-room/