• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
37 37

12,744 posts in this topic

Fun art day for me. Just posted a couple pieces on CAF. https://www.comicartfans.com/gallerynew.asp?GCat=92556

Camelot 3000 #11 splash page (Brian Bolland)

Camelot 3000 #11, pg 12 [Brian Bolland] Comic Art

First appearance of Hush in Batman #609 (Jim Lee, Scott Williams)

Batman #609, pg 10 [Jim Lee] First appearance of Hush! Comic Art

Fantastic pinup from Batman: Eternal (Jason Fabok)

Batman Eternal pinup (Jason Fabok) Comic Art

Final cover from Letter 44, Charles Soule's pet project and one of my favorites, published by Oni Press (Alberto Alburquerque)

Letter 44 #33 and #34, the final cover! Comic Art

Legendary artist Murphy Anderson reprises Frank R. Paul’s iconic Marvel Comics #1 cover for the Overstreet Price Guide #33 in 2003.  I was still collecting golden age comics back then and Overstreet’s Price Guide was the Bible for comic values and market trends.  Befitting the cover that launched the Marvel Comics universe, Anderson painted this cover in grand scale on double-size 17” x 23” Bristol board. 

OPG #33 cover

8B90A0CA-58F4-4DF1-98D9-5AF7785F46E1.thumb.jpeg.bf13f8d0e039852e776adc423be61548.jpeg

Published cover (title changed):

BBD12E31-BA5B-44BC-B3B3-CB1371483BDC.jpeg.9b12fc68c5c9d4c77d5c48f08663036a.jpeg

942B2743-F735-4E64-B483-91ED9635F1FF.jpeg

Edited by GreatEscape

s-l500.jpg 

My first entry into a whole new world got this at a local toy show. I have been looking to dip my feet and the $799 price tag seemed fair to me( I really have no idea what its worth) I mean the king drew this so I am stoked even if I paid to much :)

Edited by Frank Mozz

Haven't done an "art day" post in a bit. I've been after a page from this HB issue since the book came out in 2002. At the time (and since) I've heard Camuncoli doesn't sell his art, so I was surprised and elated to see this page in a recent CLink auction. 

If you lie HELLBLAZER, Camuncoli art or BINGO the page is HERE on CAF 

If you've got a page from this issue, send me a PM :wishluck:

40 minutes ago, Frank Mozz said:

s-l500.jpg 

My first entry into a whole new world got this at a local toy show. I have been looking to dip my feet and the $799 price tag seemed fair to me( I really have no idea what its worth) I mean the king drew this so I am stoked even if I paid to much :)

I could be wrong, but all of the pages I've seen from that issue were separate pencils by Kirby and lightboxed inks by Theakston on two separate boards. This is likely a Theakston-only page with a FMV of about $400-500. A cool page from a fun series, but if it was sold to you as a page that Kirby touched, you might want to discuss with the seller.