• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
37 37

12,744 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, BCarter27 said:

I could be wrong, but all of the pages I've seen from that issue were separate pencils by Kirby and lightboxed inks by Theakston on two separate boards. This is likely a Theakston-only page with a FMV of about $400-500. A cool page from a fun series, but if it was sold to you as a page that Kirby touched, you might want to discuss with the seller.

Hi, thanks for the info,  I am just learning & after doing some research I think your 100% dead on. On a side note, the dealer who sold me this never said that JK touched the page I just assumed it. The only good thing was another board member sent me to the Heritage archives and two similar pages in 2014/15 sold for apx 700/800 with the bp so I guess I overpaid a bit but it's a cool first page to own and has taught me to look before I leap ( way different world than comics huh?) Thanks again!

Edited by Frank Mozz

There have been about 8-10 Alan Davis Excalibur pages on my wish list for several years and I just got one that was near the top . This became available and I managed to get my hands on it. Issue 1 page 24. If you were a fan of the first 8 issues (Special #1 and 1-7) you'll remember this page for sure.

https://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1530835

7 hours ago, stevie619 said:

Pretty new to oa I have a sketch from Marie severin I never bought it but rather found it in my dads stuff and when I asked ye set he saw her at a convention in 77 or 79 if you guys could help tell me what its value or if its authentic cause I bealive it is but I'm new to this.

IMG_0150.jpg

Found this on HA, sold for $830 in 2016 which seems high to me. Without a COA and the condition I would guess $300 - $350, extra point due to the fact it's a Severin Hulk. 

erwetrwerwrwerrw.thumb.jpg.7d274f2a72a31d658886150d6dd59028.jpg

Edited by Blastaar

Here's a pretty good lot of OA... My first venture into the realm. I bought what I liked as I really don't know a whole lot about OA. Picked up the whole shebang for $130.

Batman-Superman 30 Erwin Sketch Front 001.jpg

I think the pencil lead rubbing from the drawing surface on the back cover of this book killed the grade. Looks good otherwise.

Green Arrow 17 Front 001.jpg

Paul Maybury- Leonardo Sketch 2016.jpg

Paul Maybury- Leonardo 2016 9"x12"

Stephanie Lantry- Harley Quinn and Poision Ivy Sketch 2003.jpg

Stephanie Lantry 2003 7"x10"

Mark Morales- Luke Cage Sketch 2015.jpg

Mark Morales- Luke Cage 2015 8.5"x11". This is by far my favorite of the bunch. Clean lines and great shading. This is a completed  work for sure. To top it off,  it's drawn on the back of a Marvel blue line composition panel! Sweet!

Edited by Supa-Bad-Mofo
Added Info.

On 2/22/2019 at 9:01 AM, stevie619 said:

Pretty new to oa I have a sketch from Marie severin I never bought it but rather found it in my dads stuff and when I asked ye set he saw her at a convention in 77 or 79 if you guys could help tell me what its value or if its authentic cause I bealive it is but I'm new to this.

IMG_0150.jpg

no clue on value but it is a great piece!

Just picked this piece up last weekend at a Flea Market (sorry it is a little blurry).  I believe it is a page from Speed Comics 32 by Jill Elgin, from a feature called Girl Commandos, 1944.  I grabbed it mainly because of the dark war subject matter.  I've never heard of the artist but I'd be curious to hear what some of you think of it.  

Speed 32 OA Girl Commandos.jpg