• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
37 37

12,747 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, awayne83 said:

Just in from Felix. I've become a big fan of Stevens' work  recently

Chris!?! I thought it was going to be Dave!

On 2/28/2019 at 7:22 PM, mwotka said:

Just picked this piece up last weekend at a Flea Market (sorry it is a little blurry).  I believe it is a page from Speed Comics 32 by Jill Elgin, from a feature called Girl Commandos, 1944.  I grabbed it mainly because of the dark war subject matter.  I've never heard of the artist but I'd be curious to hear what some of you think of it. 

It's a nice pick up, especially because her stuff seems to disappear in collections. There are a lot more examples in the Heritage sales archives than on CAF, for instance. That said, I think she was better at more dynamic work and making complicated scenes easy to read with the eye.

Edited by Greenlake

2 hours ago, awayne83 said:

Lol. Sorry to get your hopes up?

I got Chris' first painted color commission back in the day, Loki and Asgardian Storm. I had paid for the b/w but he decided to switch to color at the time my commission came up. Long since sold, on clink

RAD998352013719_174733.jpg

It went for $435 on 8/29/13. 

Nonsense. You don’t have a problem. Everyone who doesn’t love the character, or what makes him so special, has the problem. 

I was wondering who bought that page. I had thought about bidding on it, too, but decided to pass. Interesting how much the villain looks like Broderick Crawford.

The new Felix Comic Art podcast on Chuck Costas has me nostalgic for Punisher art. :cloud9:    Proud to post Michael Golden's incredible Punisher #50 cover that marked the title's (golden) anniversary in 1991.  Golden's first ever Punisher cover (among his 6 Punisher + 9 War Journal covers) has insane details and a classic Punisher image with two guns blazing... recalling Mike Zeck's iconic Punisher #1 cover!

Punisher #50

1801734104_Punisher50and1.jpg.3fe3b6c7d8edd09277949217e7a88639.jpg