• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
37 37

12,743 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, shady64 said:

I learned that he did art drops on his site from time to time, but he only announced them through his mailing list 

BLACKWIDOW4.jpg

Thanks for pointing that out. I'd started following him on social media hoping to catch any updates. Now I know why i haven't lol

16 hours ago, RayJr said:

I have a sketch by Ron Wilson, love his style!

Funny thing.....my kids got me the below shirt for last Father's Day. I was wearing it while at my home office, grabbed a cup a coffee, looked at the commission on the wall, looked at the shirt, looked at the commission on the well....damned if the shirt isn't a Ron Wilson Hulk with almost the exact same pose!

knnkibb.jpg.fc163a921ebfd1e23550622527105b0f.jpg

s-l1600.jpg.0e4b5839a6777085fdf51764ef50825b.jpg.0f8490d513de867d550542b34273f1d2.jpg

HeroesCon 2019 pick-ups!

I got this amazing set of Tom King Batman sketches and my dad got these prime 1980's Conan pages from Pablo Marcos. Curious to know more about the Conan pages if anyone knows anything. I'm pretty certain they're Marc Silvestri pencils and Judith Marcos inks.

Tom King Batman Coaster Set.jpg

King Conan #20, Page 17.jpg

King Conan #20, Page 27.jpg

Doctor Strange 2 p. 11 (1974)
Frank Brunner (Penciller) ,   Giordano (Inker)

A really nice page that I had not seen before of Doctor Strange inside the Souleater. This was macabre enough to inspire Bernie Wrightson to redo it for "Doctor Strange Special Edition" (1983) cover which reprinted the "Silver Dagger Saga."

https://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1557382

oCGKnX6x_1706191329491gpadd.jpg

2000?cb=20140716155630

4 hours ago, awayne83 said:

As a relatively new collector, I've generally stayed away from Land's work in the past because of his infamous "reputation". However, i came across his table at Heroes this past weekend and decided to stop and browse. He and his wife were both very cordial, and I came away really impressed with a lot of his work. Sure there were examples of images that people love to point out (and that i didn't care for), but he's definitely not the hack some people make him out to be. He's a very skilled artist. I ended up purchasing a few pieces that I'll post in the near future. This one was from his rep at fanfare right before he shut down the site. 

20190620_151750.jpg

Land is a fine artist and always better with Leisten behind the inks. Nice page!