• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
37 37

12,725 posts in this topic

Carol_day_1748.jpg.3943bd68a383e1e93252120c7d5ee127.jpg

Carol Day strip 1748 from 1962 by David Wright. Look at the meticulous cross-hatching in panel 2 & 3.

Spell_on_Wheels_1_p17.jpg.f81fe00a8a9c75a3b82bc1e7518e417e.jpg  Spell_on_Wheels_2_p22.jpg.bee2a41dd9b21b6a970c7bd8fd47857c.jpg

Two pages by Megan Levens from the Oni Press miniseries Spell on Wheels, #1 page 17 and the last page from #2 (22) where the three witches drive off into the sunset. Their '58 T-bird is prominently featured in both of them.

Angel_city_3_omsl.jpg.2ae1bbab94b8a926cb99ab6a7dad2b4e.jpg  Angel_city_6_p10.jpg.48b09957b9d9cb84a91998b9497e9d01.jpg

Another two pages from the drawing board of Megan Levens, both from the hardboiled Hollywood noir six-issue miniseries Angel City. The cover from the third issue and page 10 from #6 (where the plot gets rather intense). Ms Levens draws in what I would call her own interpretation of the "Ligne Claire" style, which gives the story a very different feel compared to how this kind of stuff is commonly handled.

Click on the pictures to see larger scans in my CAF gallery

3 hours ago, jaykza said:

I'm not a big nostalgia collector. Most of the art I collect is just in appreciation of the combination of art and story. However, when I first found out about comic art, this page went to the top of my list as far as pages I was after.

This was my first comic. I was young and didn't really think of comic books as a collectible at all so I read the mess out of it. Very quickly, the cover fell off. All these years, I've kept that book with me without the cover. This page is the cover for me.

When it popped up on French Ebay without a US shipping option, I was stunned. In all my search, I'd come across maybe 1 or 2 pages from this issue. Now, the one was in front of me. The fact that I have it now is almost unbelievable and I can see why the pull of nostalgia for collectors is so great. 

The page is signed by Ernie Chan, though the art is all Big John for this issue. I believe the original owner brought it to a convention with Ernie and just had him sign as Ernie had a major role on this book with Buscema. 

Unforgettable art day!

Conan the Barbarian #168 p. 1.jpg

Best cover ever! Congrats again Jason :banana::banana::banana:

3 minutes ago, punksdropdirtysrh said:

Picked up from the framer this morning. Couldn’t be more happy. My first OA page. Deadpool by Ed McGuinness. Glad I went for this one. :x

5294F6B5-A5A5-480B-8891-F0E5561FFD0F.thumb.jpeg.15b4aff7a2cd7432b9a498a032b1c2f4.jpeg

Congrats :) looks great!