• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
37 37

12,747 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, F For Fake said:

Posted this over in CG, but thought I'd share here as well. Got this today at Louisville Galaxycon from Ron Lim. I was telling him how this What If story was my all time favorite comic as a kid, and that my dream as a collector was to own a page one day. That when he told me that he'd found this page at home a couple of months ago, and had debated whether or not it was worth bringing to the show. My jaw dropped. It's not just a page from my all time favorite book, it's an AWESOME page from my all time favorite book! Goblin Queen! Rachel Phoenix! Reanimated Wolverine skeleton. 

Truly a grail day for me.

IMG_9300.JPG

IMG_9301.JPG

Wow, that's awesome!

And crazy that he still has stuff like this!

2 hours ago, Twanj said:

Wow, that's awesome!

And crazy that he still has stuff like this!

Thanks! And yeah, I was very surprised that he'd just randomly still have pages this old just lying around!

On 11/23/2019 at 10:09 PM, F For Fake said:

Posted this over in CG, but thought I'd share here as well. Got this today at Louisville Galaxycon from Ron Lim. I was telling him how this What If story was my all time favorite comic as a kid, and that my dream as a collector was to own a page one day. That when he told me that he'd found this page at home a couple of months ago, and had debated whether or not it was worth bringing to the show. My jaw dropped. It's not just a page from my all time favorite book, it's an AWESOME page from my all time favorite book! Goblin Queen! Rachel Phoenix! Reanimated Wolverine skeleton. 

Truly a grail day for me.

IMG_9300.JPG

IMG_9301.JPG

GREAT page - congrats!!!

I just received a grail of mine from Adam Archer. Really. 

I have always loved light-hearted versions of the Phantom Stranger. This is a character who, if he ever cracked a joke, it would be by accident. So how couldn't I love a warm cuddly Phantom Stranger?

For years, I was led to believe that the Scribblenauts version was done on a computer. That meant none existed, and finding one would literally be like finding a Holy Grail. Turns out, the information I received was wrong. Adam Archer not only had done Scribblenauts Unleashed, but he has quite a few pages from the series. When I found out, it was just a question of picking out what I wanted. I went with a double cover to Scribblenauts Unleashed, Covers 6 and 7 (a rare double cover):

AdamArcherMain01.thumb.jpg.705b921c5f97ac2ce1f9f7a7a8679609.jpg

As a bonus, Adam also sent me a cute sketch in his better known style:

AdamArcherbonus.thumb.jpg.e06dd40ae5d2e8184d1faf7d6188d28a.jpg

It has been a very good day. 

By the way, he is great to deal with, and if you have similar impulses to mine, I strongly recommend dealing with him.

Rick 

Above the Clouds by Melissa Pagluica "follows a young girl, name Eily, who has been given a book about a hero who most go on a quest to save a great tree from darkness. Only, the story isn't finished and Eily must go on her own adventure to get an author, who doesn't believe himself, to finish the book.”

At the link above, you can read the story for free or buy a copy of her Kickstarted hard copy - a very nice book.

My perks included a 6x9, water colored, pen & ink drawing of the protagonist, Eily, which you can see here or by clicking on the image. 
image.png.75de869e8dd08b07ff05661e76c6724b.png