• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
37 37

12,747 posts in this topic

46 minutes ago, Foley said:

The subject matter is not comic related, but the artist is, so I hope nobody minds. This is a piece by Timothy Truman of Grimjack, Scout, Jonah Hex, and Grateful Dead Comix fame.

It's called "Steal Your Bison", a play on the famous Steal Your Face Grateful Dead logo. I acquired it from our very own @Bird and am extremely grateful (no pun intended). Thanks Bird!

Skulls always get a thumbs up from me!

24faf0b41938d291d0c943088f48073b.gif

Again, not comic related, but since I already hijacked the thread with some Grateful Dead content, I'd like to show this off too. 

I had noticed a bunch of really nicely done street art in Cork City (murals on electrical boxes, article here: https://madaboutcork.com/gallery/street-art-electrical-boxes/) so I deciphered a signature off one of them and contacted the artist, Vincent Zara, and asked if he would do a portrait of Jerry Garcia for me. He said he would, then I didn't hear from him for 7 months so I kind of wrote it off. Then I got an email saying it was done, even though we never even discussed any particulars (including the price) lol I'm new to this but I get the feeling artists can be a bit flakey? Thankfully it actually exceeded my expectations and the cost was very reasonable. The image doesn't really do it justice, it's much nicer in person. It's of the type that looks better from a distance than it does up close.

Jerry.thumb.jpeg.b83d13dee339990005a496dad7a7fa9d.jpeg

24 minutes ago, Blastaar said:

Just picked this up for next to nothing. Any collectability in character designs...well I'm collecting it so ya...but are these valued?

George Perez (I-Bots??)

ouygouyg.thumb.jpg.27c20a811c712897cb9e59759834cd9f.jpg

You get what you pay for...

On 1/24/2020 at 6:40 PM, williamblood said:

batman beyond #25 page #1. blue pencil / ink. 1st appearance of Elainna Grayson. aka batwoman beyond.

bb25p1.JPG

That's Awesome, may prove itself eventually!!!