• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
37 37

12,725 posts in this topic

On 1/25/2020 at 3:24 PM, Blastaar said:

Just picked this up for next to nothing. Any collectability in character designs...well I'm collecting it so ya...but are these valued?

George Perez (I-Bots??)

ouygouyg.thumb.jpg.27c20a811c712897cb9e59759834cd9f.jpg

I am a big fan of collecting based on preferences, not price, since I don't treat this hobby as an investment vehicle. The fact of the matter is that the designs are by Perez, and indicative of his thinking, while you added a piece to your collection. That means they have lots of value.

8 minutes ago, drfate said:

A new addition to my CAF Gallery...Vampirella!

https://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1604146

for when the link is (soon) dead...

Description

Original art for the end page half-splash to the Vampirella 30 story, "The God of Blood", by Jose Gonzalez. Approximate image size 10.5" x 15.5" on a larger 14.25" x 20" art board...graphite and ink on art board. A masterful rendering by "The Vampirella Artist"!!! The Drakulonne attacks a false priest and is then taken by the Sun-God!!!

image.thumb.png.abb1ca3acce6258215489a267796be54.png

13 minutes ago, vodou said:

for when the link is (soon) dead...

Description

Original art for the end page half-splash to the Vampirella 30 story, "The God of Blood", by Jose Gonzalez. Approximate image size 10.5" x 15.5" on a larger 14.25" x 20" art board...graphite and ink on art board. A masterful rendering by "The Vampirella Artist"!!! The Drakulonne attacks a false priest and is then taken by the Sun-God!!!

image.thumb.png.abb1ca3acce6258215489a267796be54.png

Brought to you by drfate, a subsidiary of romitaman.

On 1/26/2020 at 5:09 PM, Blastaar said:

I will continue to preach that Grass Kings is underrated as a series and Tyler Jenkins is underrated as an artist. This series has been listed weekly on ebay, most pages going under $50. 

I 2nd Grass Kings, I grabbed this one a few weeks ago

gk.jpg

Edited by NewCollector101

I got some Kitson pages today from Supergirl and the Legion of Superheroes #23. Two sketch pages (one in pencil and one surprisingly in ink) and the corresponding final inked pages. And then.... what is this? It's a shrunken ink rendition of one of the pages, on thick tracing paper. Signed and dated. Does it have some role in the production process? Or something else?Nf6rXU2.jpg.2a17172b6e67a990eed870ac1615a6d5.jpg

4 hours ago, RBerman said:

I got some Kitson pages today from Supergirl and the Legion of Superheroes #23. Two sketch pages (one in pencil and one surprisingly in ink) and the corresponding final inked pages. And then.... what is this? It's a shrunken ink rendition of one of the pages, on thick tracing paper. Signed and dated. Does it have some role in the production process? Or something else?

It might be vellum paper, iirc I was looking at an auction a little while ago of a Kitson drawing that looked similar and was described as being on vellum.

Edit: Sorry, I misunderstood the question - the other auctions of similar Kitson stuff are described as prelims

Edited by NewCollector101