• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
37 37

12,725 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, GreatEscape said:

I'm halfway through my 2020 A-Z challenge, I'm proud to post my 'M' for Man-Thing

1388204247_AtoZartlogo.jpg.9977fdd03b76156db966d6ca4cd7be4f.jpg

Have you had to go out and buy a piece yet to make this work?

For the New Year, I started this A-Z personal challenge focused on characters and titles with a 8 letters missing in my collection with several letters with multiple characters/pieces to choose from.  So far, I’ve had to acquire 2 pieces to keep this going, and there are a few letters will be tough gets (Q, V, Y) but I can be flexible (ie, Power Man for Luke Cage).

I wanted to post more of my art to CAF.  Not sure this approach has resonated with anyone but I’ve enjoyed having a framework and fun challenge for more regular posting—  more than 1/2 of my collection remains offline. 

I enjoy the list. Thanks for doing it.

These may or may not help (yes, I'm a Legion fan. :) )

Q:

Quislet from the Legion of Super-Heroes

Querl Dox = Brainiac 5 from the LSH

Queen Projectra from the LSH (she was crowned their queen and moved up from Princess)

V:
Val Armoor - Karate Kid from the LSH

Validus of the Fatal Five from the Legion books

Vandal Savage who has tangled with the LSH

Valor a version of Mon-El from the Zero Hour Legion

Violet, a.k.a., Shrinking Violet from the LSH

Y:

Sodom Yat a GL who made it to the 30th century in one LSH version

Yera Allon who married Colossal Boy of the LSH after impersonating Shrinking Violet

Thanks Vodou and Alex, very helpful.  I just acquired one of the V suggestions yesterday (courtesy of “J”)!  I have a Q piece on radar but Y is super-tough as I initially targeted Yondu (GOTG), Y the Last Man or Mariko Yashida (Wolvie’s girlfriend)...forgot about Yellowjacket. (thumbsu

Of course, two constant constraints for me is pocketbook (focused on splashes and covers) and being extremely picky about what I buy. B|  

Edited by GreatEscape