• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
37 37

12,725 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Michael (OML)1 said:

As many of you know, I've been "sad" as nobody would sell me their Golden Age artwork SO I want to thank my friend from the Windy City for stepping up and selling me two great Joe Kubert splashes so I could keep showing my love for the Golden Age-- thank you.

Here is Speed Comics #33 p.24 (Harvey Comics 1944) featuring The Black Cat by Joe Kubert.

Here is Speed Comics #42 p.42 (Harvey Comics 1946) by Joe Kubert -

Speed Comics 33 p24 - Harvey 1944 - Joe Kubert.jpg

Speed Comics 42 p 42 - Harvey 1946 - Joe Kubert.jpg

Congrats brother. That was awesome of your friend to hook you up with those pieces of art to add to your collection 

So I found this Ultimate Spider-Man character model sheet of Bagley's online. It shows the exact Black Cat as the one I bought down to the words and descriptions. Does that image look like a collage of images photo shopped together or is that the original on that sheet and mine would be perhaps a fake/copy? Mine is a 11x17 and the image below seems to be much smaller on a sheet with other concepts, unless again these are just pasted together in a college, however it looks pretty seamless. 

https://charactermodel.tumblr.com/page/469

5A98D5E8-1231-4822-9E15-D7D5C96EC808.thumb.jpeg.a0a6dc6e0e1e24f4f76fb7eb530b234a.jpeg

Edited by Blastaar

20 minutes ago, Blastaar said:

So I found this Ultimate Spider-Man character model sheet of Bagley's online. It shows the exact Black Cat down to the words and descriptions. Does that image look like a collage of images photo shopped together or is that the original on that sheet and mine would be perhaps a fake/copy? Mine is a 11x17 and the image below seems to be much smaller on a sheet with other concepts, unless again these are just pasted together in a college, however it looks pretty seamless. 

https://charactermodel.tumblr.com/page/469

Hmm, that is really curious all around.  The model sheet has the feel of a naturally-developed thing, with all the different scale to the characters and the hand-written notes.

Any story/provenance at all with the piece when you picked it up? 

6 minutes ago, ShallowDan said:

Hmm, that is really curious all around.  The model sheet has the feel of a naturally-developed thing, with all the different scale to the characters and the hand-written notes.

Any story/provenance at all with the piece when you picked it up? 

Bought it from a top seller on the bay that doesn't sell comic related items. It came their way via a friend that collects art. That's all I got. Made an offer and I got. 

15 hours ago, Blastaar said:

unless again these are just pasted together in a college, however it looks pretty seamless

Probably pasted together and assembled that way for one of the USM hardcovers. Maybe some of the extras in the back. I don't think Bagley is that hard up for paper that he has to work so small! lol

After 42 years of collecting comic art, and 35 years of having multiple pieces by the other Studio guys, I've finally added a Kaluta... a rather nice one... to my collection.

Also picked up two Williamson Corrigan dailies, including one with the first appearance of Doctor Seven.

You can look here if ya want.

https://www.comicartfans.com/gallerynew.asp?GCat=3878

11 hours ago, The Cimmerians Purse said:

I've had this for a while now, but couldn't post about it until the book actually came out, and I wasn't spoiling. Sitting on it was SO hard! lol! I can't wait to read the final issue :bigsmile:

Wonder Woman Dead Earth 3 pg 44.jpeg

Wonder Woman Dead Earth 3 Cover.jpeg

Wonder Woman Dead Earth 3 pg 23.jpeg

Wonder Woman Dead Earth 3 pg 14-15.jpeg

Wonder Woman Dead Earth 3 pg 18-19.jpeg

Wonder Woman Dead Earth 3 pg 2-3.jpeg

Wonder Woman Dead Earth 3 pg 31.jpeg

Wonder Woman Dead Earth 3 pg 34.jpeg

This is badass

Received these two pieces today:

I contacted Pablo , about this artwork. He said in 1973 when he was drawing the interiors he did this piece to show Marvel and possibly be a cover. Unfortunately Marvel went with some guy name Boris for the first few covers of the series. Their lost, I love this piece. Pablo was doing some of his best work on Tales of The Zombie. Thrilled to own this.

Unpublished_Tales_of_the_Zombie_1_cvr.thumb.jpg.b3bd286ccce6517d7d4cf404b4c6cb85.jpg

I own original art to 4 of the 6 plates in this portfolio and thrilled to add the cover. Frank published the portfolio in 1978 after he left Red Sonja but before Ghita of Alizarr was published in 1984 (Warren). 
The two women, dragon and border on the Wizard are the only original artwork. The photo is of Frank Thorne dressed as the Wizard.

Wizard_and-Warrior_Women.thumb.jpg.54503ff371bedd0ccbc18e3850f9dbaa.jpg