• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
37 37

12,747 posts in this topic

Journey Into Mystery 100

This is not “new to me this week” but I didn’t feel it warrants a new thread. I purchased this Journey Into Mystery page about 25 years ago. The dealer had stacks of original art and he caught my attention when he said this was a Jack Kirby original. After some research today I believe it may be Don Heck. I think I paid $300. 

I almost didn’t buy it because it doesn’t include Thor, but it does have his alter ego Dr Donald Blake as well as Mr. Hyde. In the last panel, Donald is trying to get to his cane. So I’m sure the very next page has an amazing Thor pic lol 

CB2FEABA-7D10-4A17-A609-C65F1A82E17B.thumb.jpeg.4edaf6f1e3eecbd93a185ffd60dfbe43.jpeg

I haven’t looked at this piece in over 15 years. Today I noticed the Comics Magazine Code Authority stamp on the back. So now I know how it gets the code review. 

2DD2D039-125F-42E7-81F3-B21732DE121A.thumb.jpeg.ac78714dec925d7a85848c552f66e3d2.jpeg

It was stamped August 1, 1963 and the books were distributed to newsstands in November 1963. Not a bad turnaround!

When I looked up the stats for this issue, it lists artists Jack Kirby, Don Heck and Larry Lieber. Anyone know if this page is Don Heck?

Happy 4th Everyone!

Edited by Dave Henson
Grammar

1 hour ago, Dave Henson said:

Journey Into Mystery 100

This is not “new to me this week” but I didn’t feel it warrants a new thread. I purchased this Journey Into Mystery page about 25 years ago. The dealer had stacks of original art and he caught my attention when he said this was a Jack Kirby original. After some research today I believe it may be Don Heck. I think I paid $300. 

I almost didn’t buy it because it doesn’t include Thor, but it does have his alter ego Dr Donald Blake as well as Mr. Hyde. In the last panel, Donald is trying to get to his cane. So I’m sure the very next page has an amazing Thor pic lol 

I haven’t looked at this piece in over 15 years. Today I noticed the Comics Magazine Code Authority stamp on the back. So now I know how it gets the code review

It was stamped August 1, 1963 and the books were distributed to newsstands in November 1963. Not a bad turnaround!

When I looked up the stats for this issue, it lists artists Jack Kirby, Don Heck and Larry Lieber. Anyone know if this page is Don Heck?

Happy 4th Everyone!

Neat!

Inside the issue it says "Illustrated by: Don Heck"

On 7/1/2020 at 5:07 PM, Dave Henson said:

Journey Into Mystery 100

CB2FEABA-7D10-4A17-A609-C65F1A82E17B.thumb.jpeg.4edaf6f1e3eecbd93a185ffd60dfbe43.jpeg

I haven’t looked at this piece in over 15 years. Today I noticed the Comics Magazine Code Authority stamp on the back. So now I know how it gets the code review. 

2DD2D039-125F-42E7-81F3-B21732DE121A.thumb.jpeg.ac78714dec925d7a85848c552f66e3d2.jpeg

Happy 4th Everyone!

It is Heck for sure. August 63 original art page approval, Nov 1963 on sale date, and a Jan 1964 publishing date. (thumbsu

Happy 4th of July to my America cousins.

Since I did a Canadian art day with Alpha Flight, and I happen to have a couple of Zeck Captain America pieces, I might as well do an American one too, I just added to my collection

1. A Zeck Captain America Annual 8 Recreation with Iron Fist - CAF Link here

2. A Zeck Captain America full figure piece  - CAF Link here

I also now have enough Captain America pieces that I created a separate gallery, so you can see my other Captain America art here - CAF Link to Captain America Gallery

Thanks for looking

Malvin

3 hours ago, Twanj said:

https://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1646764

Thor #10 Cover by Olivier Coipel/Mark Morales

Thor_Vol3_10_Cover_Coipel.thumb.jpg.48140ef81f34fb8758f2b5f713406a88.jpgThor_Vol3_10_cover_Coipel_published_textless.thumb.jpg.e0ddf7f5e3391626ebdffd1d5c0fd0cf.jpg

https://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1646746

Mighty Thor #2 Cover/TPB Back Cover pencils by Olivier Coipel

MightyThor_Vol1_2_cover_Coipel.thumb.jpg.13d05a7755b704130447f0a098084ec1.jpgMightyThor_Vol1_2_cover_Coipel_published_textless.jpg.089ccfd29ed65a6f6118469f1dd5653b.jpg

Great pieces! I was just looking at the first cover this week and wondering how that hadn't been snapped up yet. Congratulations!

2 hours ago, JadeGiant said:

Great pieces! I was just looking at the first cover this week and wondering how that hadn't been snapped up yet. Congratulations!

Thanks! It was snapped up immediately, he doesn't seem to update his site always tho. :)