• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
37 37

12,725 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, alxjhnsn said:

Keep your loved ones away from Tom Mandrake! He's turned my wife into a vampire!

This is a perk from his Kickstarter - Kros: Hallowed Ground.

It's a birthday gift. That's today, but we are celebrating tomorrow so don't tell her! Click the image to learn more.

Mandrake, Tom - Kathy Johnson, Vampire.jpg

Awesome!!!!! I respect the Man and hope his Family is well!

Incidentally his art is the first original art I ever purchased, detective comics #835 for robin and batman! :headbang:

IMG_20200806_145148530.jpg

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Awesome!!!!! I respect the Man and hope his Family is well!

Incidentally his art is the first original art I ever purchased, detective comics #835 for robin and batman! :headbang:

IMG_20200806_145148530.jpg

Interesting frame. :bigsmile:

5 minutes ago, Blastaar said:

Interesting frame. :bigsmile:

:roflmao:im glad someone got a kick out of it, I'm poorish to spring for a frame but would be a dream!

Hey at least I didn't poke holes in it lol

I'm a little embarrassed cause now if Tom somehow heard about it eek :eek:

i thought I was doing good to have the actual comic of #835 in the pic hahaha

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

5 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

:roflmao:im glad someone got a kick out of it, I'm poorish to spring for a frame but would be a dream!

Hey at least I didn't poke holes in it lol

I'm a little embarrassed cause now if Tom somehow heard about it eek :eek:

i thought I was doing good to have the actual comic of #835 in the pic hahaha

Anyway you want to display it is fine!! I will say that you can get an 11/17 frame from Target for $15 that should fit it perfectly, just NO SUNLIGHT!

Just now, Blastaar said:

Anyway you want to display it is fine!! I will say that you can get an 11/17 frame from Target for $15 that should fit it perfectly, just NO SUNLIGHT!

ah, yes, I didn't think there would be a size to fit it well cheap :shy: 

I took an excursion to MJ Designs to buy a sleeved print holder for my brother's con prints, I looked at the frames (granted not long). I've found frames for my other art, thanks for the encouragement to do it up right :) :headbang: 

2 minutes ago, Unstoppablejayd said:

And then... something even cooler happened::: that same wonderful person offered me a Buscema Avengers Cover!! The cover to 298...

funny story on this I absolutely love the cover but I showed it to a friend before I bought it and he said it was ugly... now don’t get me wrong , I would love Thor swinging his hammer (who wouldn’t?) but for having no heroes I think it is great.. large character images including a giant robot.. a damsel in distress in the foreground building great perspective and a well laid  out detailed city background.. oh and it happens to be an inferno tie in! Being a major X-men fan that is just a cherry on top! Thanks again @AvengersFan

AD3DEF85-5CB3-4462-B8CA-FC6A54685B04.jpeg

congratulations!   i totally agree- avengersfan is a real good guy

3 hours ago, Unstoppablejayd said:

I have been low key looking for a nice John Buscema second run Avengers page for a while , as that was the avengers I grew up with. A week or two ago a great boardie @AvengersFan posted a couple in the marketplace. By the time I got to him they were sold... but he offered me a different one: and how perfect it was. Full avengers team battle page... battle armor Thor.. heroes in most panels! Perfect! 
Thank you sir! 

45293943-9CD1-44AF-B137-7A164244F115.jpeg

Im looking for something like this myself . You’ve got the story I want it’s Avengers bs Olympic Gods. I’m hoping to get a good Namor panelled one . Fantastic page!

Thank you to @CBass for this Bob Layton "Demon in a Bottle" themed piece. I have been trying to get Bob to do another recreation of his IM 128 cover, but he will only consider doing one per year.

One more..... If you are a fan of Ace Continuado (if not, perhaps you should be),  he still has his 2020 book that he is selling on FB and IG that includes a head sketch of the character of your choice on the blank page. The book is $25 ($30 shipped). Here is my Elektra sketch as well as a Thing that he did for someone else. 

Layton Bottle.jpg

Elektra Ace.jpg

Ace 2020 Thing.jpg

Edited by Ron C.
Spelling