• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
37 37

12,725 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Andahaion said:

Here's a fun splash from Silver Surfer: The Prodigal Sun #1.  Haven't read the story, just love the art.  And the tax for missing this on the day it dropped wasn't too bad either.  Art by Francesco Manna.

SS Prodigal Sun #1 PG 7.jpg

Gorgeous.

Dynamic full splashes of the Surfer are hard to come by!

4 hours ago, Ameri said:

Just received this. Marie Severin's prelim to Fantastic Four 101 with her instructions to Kirby and Joe Sinnott. This was Jack's last FF cover before moving to DC.  

ff 101 comparison.jpg

I can't see it. :(

1 hour ago, alxjhnsn said:

I can't see it. :(

I think CGC forums are having some issues. Maybe updating forum software? 

Other icons were looking weird for a bit for me too.

This thread is left justified for some reason.

Edited by Twanj

4 hours ago, Twanj said:

I think CGC forums are having some issues. Maybe updating forum software? 

I'm going with Russian hackers trying to steal the secrets to disrupt the business of comic art collecting!

Edited by alxjhnsn

2 hours ago, Local Net Plus, LLC said:

Going through one of the binders and stumbled on these 2.  I actually forgot I even had the first one.  Might push both of these up the list of ones to get framed.....and lean in the corner because I have no wall space.

Deathmate: Prologue Page 8 Signed by Jim Lee and Barry Windsor-Smith

1674303208_2020_12_2010_06OfficeLens.thumb.jpg.a67552e19be950afb60871d3ccac8726.jpg

The middle books were mixed, but the end caps to Deathmate had amazing art. Great piece. 

1 minute ago, cloud cloddie said:

The middle books were mixed, but the end caps to Deathmate had amazing art. Great piece. 

Thanks.  I tend to agree.  Prologue by far the best.  Epilogue was a distant second and everything else in the middle was just kind of meh.....there was soo much hype around the series and it was kind of a let down.  The valiant universe worked so well together and the image universe always was more standalone so trying to throw so many together from each universe just did not work for me.

On 12/1/2020 at 1:22 PM, Unstoppablejayd said:

If you are not Familiar with Josh Cassara yet.. you should look him up, as I think he is the next big name. He is the current artist on X-force and did a story in the new Wolverine book Wolverine Black White and blood (Great book all black and white except you guessed it the reds) - I wanted to get a couple pages so I reached out to Josh and he offered to hand paint the reds on the original art - and it is amazing!! 

93A73FC4-ECBC-4B91-B99B-03941BF14729.jpeg

1DD9A71D-B321-478E-9044-B4BF3749141D.jpeg

4814FDDE-9AB5-41B8-9308-27B94A3CF881.jpeg

wonderful taste! toast