• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
37 37

12,725 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, GreatEscape said:

I'm drawn to homage covers by modern artists as they bring a nostalgic boost while paying tribute to legendary artists.  This Frank Cho Totally Awesome Hulk cover is a fun twist on a Steranko classic.  Bigger than twice-up (17 x 23” image) with incredible details and signature Cho humor.

Link

28753224_TotallyAwesomeHulk23OriginalCoverArtFrankChoHomageKingSizeAnnual1full.thumb.jpg.7fd8ec722de8e249a3e1ee9afc5cff88.jpg

Man that is bright! the shading dark. so take a pic it'll last longer

Awesome to see all this stuff, folks -- thanks for sharing!

So here's the story of my day -- although I really only collect Marvel BA superhero art, I was browsing Anthony Snyder's website, saw this variant cover, and bought it without thinking AT ALL.  I've been looking for a great 'swords & sorcery' image of Red Sonja by Frank Thorne, but when I saw this one, by Reilly Brown, I just bought the hell out of it.  :headbang:

Thanks for looking!

Dan

Red Sonja Vol 7 #24 Cover D Variant Reilly Brown Cover - Midtown Comics

17 minutes ago, Kohei said:

Neal Adams Linda Carter as Wonder Woman colored by his daughter Zia.

https://www.comicartfans.com/gallerynew.asp?GCat=114146

Photo_2021-01-14_150457 large.jpg

That's a momento to frame! That's an awful generous item, love the generosity in keeping that in the collection.  Congrats! Keeper? Lol genuine generosity in that it's a thoughtful expression :)

Picked up this Cully Hamner JLA Pinup.  He produced a limited number of color prints from it and sold them at cons.  There may be a possibility this was used as banner for some of his appearances as well.  If anyone has a pic of the banner out in the wild I'd like to have a copy.  Thanks for looking.

SKM_C45821011512010.jpg

SKM_C45821011512020.jpg

Andrea Di Vito Thing recently purchased off Comic Art Fans page from Super Pals Art, by my wife as an anniversary present. A Ben Grimm FF Thing page has long been on my want list and this splash page checks a lot of boxes for me. From the Dan Scott series from 2006. Features the Maestro, Mr Fixit and Professor Hulk. Pencils only page. 2nd pic is the published page.

If anyone could identify the other 2 versions of the hulk in the background, I would be grateful.

20210116_143728.jpg

Screenshot_20201222-112837_Marvel Unlimited.jpg

Edited by Ducky13