• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
37 37

12,725 posts in this topic

Now for something very different: repurposing old art into a unique gift.

When going through CAT recently, I saw the following bit of "adult humor". While it isn't very good, I was struck by the way it reminded me of certain attributes of my better half, right down to the curly hair (lucky me). So, while I sure wouldn't buy it otherwise, I decided it could become the perfect vehicle for a unique Valentine's Day Card. I will, of course, add an appropriate, loving message, along with a few pounds of dark chocolate. I don't know whether this will get me hugged or slugged, but I'll find out soon enough.

_HoldMyDrinks.thumb.jpg.98dbe1781ddbecea58a4a8d913496a7d.jpg

On 28/01/2021 at 6:27 PM, Unstoppablejayd said:

Mail call! Got another couple pieces in from Josh Cassara ... man I can not get enough of what he is putting out: 

D93DF198-4607-491F-A3F8-5E22F120DB97.jpeg

E0625EAF-417C-4431-8D23-419F75807126.jpeg

4E64D2D5-34BF-41F5-838A-FBF9E7868CF1.jpeg

All nice pieces, particularly the middle piece? Do you know what issue it is from?

The guy is great with shading, especially with Wolvie in the top right panel of the first page you posted. Admittedly, Wolvie's right leg looks a little off there, though. 

46 minutes ago, babsrocks31 said:

All nice pieces, particularly the middle piece? Do you know what issue it is from?

The guy is great with shading, especially with Wolvie in the top right panel of the first page you posted. Admittedly, Wolvie's right leg looks a little off there, though. 

Thanks- yea he is great... old school too.. all pencils and his own inks over it.. that page you asked about is from Issue 3- 

I have a bunch of his pieces if you want to see more

https://www.comicartfans.com/gallerydetailsearch.asp?artist=Joshua++Cassara+&GCat=132715

Hi Folks,

One of my themes is getting Hulk 340 cover recreations from artists that I associate with Hulk or Wolverine.  

I have a great Dale Keown one that I thought would look good inked and jumped at the chance when Mark Farmer was available

Link to Mark Farmer inked piece

Link to original Keown Pencils

Thanks for looking

Malvin

6 hours ago, malvin said:

Hi Folks,

One of my themes is getting Hulk 340 cover recreations from artists that I associate with Hulk or Wolverine.  

@malvin, you are now recorded in the Hall of Fame for Themed Collections. Yes, you are now listed on The Themed Art Collections Thread. If you have others, I'll add them.

Everyone, I'm always interested in adding more to the list.

I got my first piece this week and broke all the rules lol, I did no research and bought it on a whim to see if I liked it when it was offered as an add on to a purchase for $40, but I am not really familiar with Ghost Rider (this is issue 86, glare blocked it out), but the more I look at it the more I like it.

I'll definitely be dipping my toe back in these waters!

20210208_084442.jpg

Edited by HotKey
Added issue info

I picked up a few more Batgirl pages from Paul Pelletier's site. Great deals at 100 a pop.

I used to hate the page of Babs falling into a dumpster but after rereading that issue I thought it was a quirky creative choice. I don't know if it worked per say, but I had to own it.

The other page is a classic brawler page. I've always wanted to own one featuring Babs kicking butt. With the action on this page I am surprised it was such a great price, maybe just cause Cormorant was a fairly forgettable villain. 

Batgirl-27-page-19-100.jpg

Batgirl-31-page-14-100.jpg

On 1/31/2021 at 11:34 AM, GreatEscape said:

Here's a rare Ditko "Hulk Smash!" page from Tales to Astonish #66 (1965) with Hulk in all five panels, destroying two planes sent to kill him.  Lots of great detail and action.  Twice up!

j214Fsmg_3101210935051sbpi.jpg

Link

Edit:  Bottom panel also used for 1977 Marvel Hulk poster. 

611058007_HulkposterLG.thumb.jpg.0600b1dc2bdc881c28e40158bf3cf85a.jpg

What a great Ditko Hulk page!