• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
37 37

12,725 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, malvin said:

I just added a Grendel War Child page to my car!

:baiting:

Bold move, what kind of car is it? Something Mad Max inspired? A Ford Interceptor covered in o,a.? 

2 hours ago, RBerman said:

Is it churlish of me

If you have to ask...

Seriously though, why not just ask why folks do what they do? Maybe they have a good reason. 

I often add several pages at a time to my CAF. Instead of posting pics of all of them I usually pick one-sometimes two- and the link. I like to know who's interested in what I'm posting by looking at view numbers.

4 hours ago, RBerman said:

Is it churlish of me to ask that if people want to post their new art in this thread, they should post the art, and not a link to CAF?

2 hours ago, Kohei said:

If you have to ask...

Seriously though, why not just ask why folks do what they do? Maybe they have a good reason. 

I often add several pages at a time to my CAF. Instead of posting pics of all of them I usually pick one-sometimes two- and the link. I like to know who's interested in what I'm posting by looking at view numbers.

Word -- if people care, they'll follow the link.  Else keep scrolling.  I like both options and have done both.

51 minutes ago, JadeGiant said:

Not at all to ask. But also not at all to post a link. It is a personal preference for each forum member. 

I do both. 

I post the pic for those who just want to see the art as the scroll through to see updates. 

I post the CAF link for those who might want to read a longer description, see additional images, read comments, leave a comment, etc. 

When reviewing this thread, I sometimes do not click the link which might cause me not to see the art. IF it is a member I know and appreciate the art they normally post, I will always click the link (or usually). 

Good point; I was really thinking more of "link without art." Link with art also is fine.

2 hours ago, RBerman said:

Good point; I was really thinking more of "link without art." Link with art also is fine.

Yep, and a link without the pic is fine IMHO. Art being shared is my preference and any way someone wants to do that is good with me!

8 hours ago, JadeGiant said:

Finally. A Marvel Trimpe Godzilla page. I snoozed on one last year I liked and it was gone so when Albert posted this one I wasted no time placing the order. Hope to find more over time (and some Shogun pages as well). 

https://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1718000

Love it! I read the entire series, finally, last year (or maybe 2019...it's a blur), and it's full of great art and story. I'd love to pick one of these up for my collection some day, too. Congratulations!