• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
37 37

12,725 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, JadeGiant said:

This one is high on my list of favorite pieces and the back story is a big part of the reason. Feel free to check CAF if you'd like to read more. 

https://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1719300

Hulk DPS from 610 pages 22 and 23  by Paul Pelletier unpublished Comic Art

Back stories always make pieces more special, and this has a great one. I always love seeing unpublished pages, too. Congratulations!

16 hours ago, Rick2you2 said:

At today's show, I bought what I consider a great piece of "good girl" art by Jack Sparling from 1952. No, he isn't a popular artist nor is the subject, the piece has been listed for sale for quite a while, and it is unlikely to go up in value (several of these pin-ups have been on sale over the last 5 years or so in the $700 range). But the piece screams presence (it is a twice up), and is an excellent piece of artisanship IMO. As a bonus, you also get to see Sparling doing a bit of war art with it. An under-appreciated artist.

First, what I bought, and second, the published version. FYI, I Iike to keep digital copies of published art with copies of the originals. 

Pin-upPeteOriginal.thumb.jpeg.74e7be93ff02852e617838c65e04a677.jpeg

Pin-upPeteJackSparling.thumb.jpg.aa43c4b9031d67a92da8f1c8cadd3d06.jpg

He would later become Paste Pot Pete.

image.gif.7c5d7ff084f7c86249e0a229ea199192.gif

Also how can you not appreciate Sparling since he did some DC Grey Tone Bronze Horror.

Edited by Mephisto

On 4/18/2021 at 3:25 PM, Rick2you2 said:

At today's show, I bought what I consider a great piece of "good girl" art by Jack Sparling from 1952. No, he isn't a popular artist nor is the subject, the piece has been listed for sale for quite a while, and it is unlikely to go up in value (several of these pin-ups have been on sale over the last 5 years or so in the $700 range). But the piece screams presence (it is a twice up), and is an excellent piece of artisanship IMO. As a bonus, you also get to see Sparling doing a bit of war art with it. An under-appreciated artist.

First, what I bought, and second, the published version. FYI, I Iike to keep digital copies of published art with copies of the originals. 

Pin-upPeteOriginal.thumb.jpeg.74e7be93ff02852e617838c65e04a677.jpeg

Pin-upPeteJackSparling.thumb.jpg.aa43c4b9031d67a92da8f1c8cadd3d06.jpg

Thanks for the purchase! Good meeting you.

6 hours ago, Kohei said:

Two new Stroman's and a Ramona Fradon. The hulk piece is one of the best I've ever seen. Check them all out here:
https://www.comicartfans.com/gallerynew.asp?GCat=114146

Wonder Woman by Romona Fradon 2021.jpg

Nice pieces! I found a typo on your CAF you might wanna fix, but maybe it fits if you got these as a purchase. ;) You have Strong Guy labeled as Strong Buy.

9 hours ago, AnkurJ said:

Thanks for the purchase! Good meeting you.

And thanks for the discount. If Albert had been willing to do the same, I would have gone home 100% satisfied.

Let me add that you can see a change in styles of sexy female form over the decades with this piece. She has an extremely narrow waist, like with Eisner’s femme fatales, and a relative modest chest size compared to now. Kate Hepburn, meet Kim Kardashian.

Edited by Rick2you2