• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
37 37

12,749 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Rick2you2 said:

And thanks for the discount. If Albert had been willing to do the same, I would have gone home 100% satisfied.

Let me add that you can see a change in styles of sexy female form over the decades with this piece. She has an extremely narrow waist, like with Eisner’s femme fatales, and a relative modest chest size compared to now. Kate Hepburn, meet Kim Kardashian.

Most people don’t discount at all and I can understand both perspectives.

At the show someone was set up and had a piece I liked. I asked how much, was told 2k. I asked if they’d take $1800. Was told no, 2k was the price. I agreed to buy it. They proceeded to have a chat with their son at the table and said, actually it’s $2500. I said you just quoted 2k. They didn’t care.

No, this wasn’t cool lines. 

What makes it better? Someone I know bought it for $1750 at the end of the show.

2 minutes ago, AnkurJ said:

At the show someone was set up and had a piece I liked. I asked how much, was told 2k. I asked if they’d take $1800. Was told no, 2k was the price. I agreed to buy it. They proceeded to have a chat with their son at the table and said, actually it’s $2500. I said you just quoted 2k. They didn’t care.

Dishonorable. Feel free to tell me who via pm and I'll be happy to be 'done' with that person for good.

44 minutes ago, AnkurJ said:

Most people don’t discount at all and I can understand both perspectives.

No, this wasn’t cool lines. 

What makes it better? Someone I know bought it for $1750 at the end of the show.

The last sentence is why even a small discount makes sense. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. When I see something on line, I may or may not buy it. But when I see it in front of me, I can be sure of what I want. The dealer gets instant money to recycle, in cash (which I suppose will be declared 🤔,  even while leaving no”paper trail”) and doesn’t have to wait around for another buyer, who, in that case, hasn’t yet materialized for at least 6 months (I know when it first went on-line). Trust me on this one, it isn’t moving quickly for good reasons.

8 hours ago, AnkurJ said:

Serves him right. Sorry you didn't get the piece.

2 minutes ago, Benedict Judas Hel said:

I got in another Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Deluxe Edition villain page...this time it’s B-lister (maybe C-list) Mr. Hyde (with an obvious lack of bladder control):

5C433ED9-EE73-40F5-B245-AF130AC702DC.jpeg

F9906158-E0D8-41C3-90E0-EB1D605A49F2.jpeg

Ha! I love seeing intentional "extras" that artists occasionally add, knowing those parts won't be published.

Posted this in the NJ art con thread but i guess it more belongs here. Got this page from Thor 426 over the weekend at the big art con. It was sold on HA 6 years ago so ill just use their pic cause mine sucks lol. Frenz and Sinnott doing their best Kirby impression...and killing it in the process. I love the blob-y Kirby shadows all over it like on the floor, Thor's Helmet, and behind his cape. That late 80s period was just such a magical good time for Marvel and to be a fan IMO. 

ThorHA426.thumb.jpg.67bf53640065c87da193fcd3179d2e6f.jpg

52 minutes ago, zhamlau said:

Posted this in the NJ art con thread but i guess it more belongs here. Got this page from Thor 426 over the weekend at the big art con. It was sold on HA 6 years ago so ill just use their pic cause mine sucks lol. Frenz and Sinnott doing their best Kirby impression...and killing it in the process. I love the blob-y Kirby shadows all over it like on the floor, Thor's Helmet, and behind his cape. That late 80s period was just such a magical good time for Marvel and to be a fan IMO. 

ThorHA426.thumb.jpg.67bf53640065c87da193fcd3179d2e6f.jpg

Very Kirby-ish! Frenz/Sinnott was a great pairing.