• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
37 37

12,747 posts in this topic

I'm not sure where exactly to post this, but I picked this up yesterday from @Superworld

It's a Ayers piece from 1955. It looks like a sketch he did and dedicated to a friend.

I know Jack and Stan are credited with creating Sgt Fury and his howling Commandos, but it's hard to look at this sketch by the guy who spent the 60s drawing Sgt Fury and not see the similarities. 

IMG_20210510_170002528.jpg

11 hours ago, KCOComics said:

I'm not sure where exactly to post this, but I picked this up yesterday from @Superworld

It's a Ayers piece from 1955. It looks like a sketch he did and dedicated to a friend.

I know Jack and Stan are credited with creating Sgt Fury and his howling Commandos, but it's hard to look at this sketch by the guy who spent the 60s drawing Sgt Fury and not see the similarities. 

Nice! I would occasionally visit the site and eyebang this piece. Great pickup. 

1 hour ago, Ryan. said:

Nice! I would occasionally visit the site and eyebang this piece. Great pickup. 

Yeah, it caught my attention in February.

I feel like I've passed on allot of opportunities to add truly unique items to my collection, so I just decided the eyebanging was over.

Plus I like dropping in on Ted to look at all his books.

15 hours ago, KCOComics said:

Very period present, does look spot on, cool pick up! :x

One more from yesterday's CLink auction. I know this is only a preliminary, but there were no Marshall Rogers pieces in my collection (an artist gone way too soon). This was from Batman:Dark Detective #4 page 2.

Marshall Rogers Dark Detective 4 Page 2 Scarecrow.jpg

Edited by Ron C.