• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
37 37

12,747 posts in this topic

I scored this today at a show in Richmond,Virginia...a sweet Jack Kirby/Bill Everett,Thor page from issue #173. 6 panels with Thor is 5 of 'em,and some great dialogue showing Thor at his noble best!!

997WT.jpg

997WTA.jpg

Wow what a score ComicKings. I am so jealous, congrats.

Edited by thehumantorch

Had a good but expensive day at the Sequential Art Symposium / Joe Shuster Awards this past Saturday and got the following:

3 Wildcat splash pages by Ramon Perez from JSA Classified

2 Jeff Lemire sketches in my copies of Tales from the Farm and Ghost Stories

1 Tom Grummett Power Company cover

1 Bryan Lee O'Malley piece from Scott Pilgrim 3

1 Marcus To MiracleMan sketch

Some misc. pages by Matthew Clark, Marc Campos, Lee Moder

http://comicartfans.com/GalleryNew.asp?GCat=6193

Some of you have already seen this but I am a new member here. I am a Dr Strange fan and one of those elusive items is anything done by P. Craig Russell. While I have a few pieces inked by him this is my first penciled by him. It also is part of the first work he ever did on Dr. Strange.

Marvel Premiere #7 page 21

http://qurls.com?i=34523

qurls.com?i=34523

You have some beautiful pages there. (worship)

Had a good but expensive day at the Sequential Art Symposium / Joe Shuster Awards this past Saturday and got the following:

3 Wildcat splash pages by Ramon Perez from JSA Classified

2 Jeff Lemire sketches in my copies of Tales from the Farm and Ghost Stories

1 Tom Grummett Power Company cover

1 Bryan Lee O'Malley piece from Scott Pilgrim 3

1 Marcus To MiracleMan sketch

Some misc. pages by Matthew Clark, Marc Campos, Lee Moder

http://comicartfans.com/GalleryNew.asp?GCat=6193

Great stuff! You've inspired me to get my old sketchbook back out and resume pounding the convention floors!

I was finally able to get a nice piece featuring Mazikeen with her original face.

This is the part of the hobby I really love. I've admired this card since I first saw it back in '94, back before I had the slightest inkling that OA could be purchased. And then to find the original available and for price I could afford, double bonus!

Enjoy Card 66 of the SANDMAN TRADING CARD set (the only Sandman art I'll ever be able to afford)

60557-sandman_card66-orig.jpg.590500fb571a45e3d7218191b399f31c.jpg

I have a few new additions to my John Byrne original art collection. The art for the Namor double-page spread came in two parts: The first scan is the original pencils and inks and the second is the finished art with the duoshading over a copy of the original art. The other pieces are sketches done by Byrne in the end-pages to my Alpha Flight, Marvel Team-Up and Iron Fist bound volumes. Check out theThe Mighty Mighty MOC-BLOG for photos of my visit to Byrne's studio.

namor6pgs5-6losm.jpg

namor6pgs5-6finsm.jpg

alphaflightvol1endpages.jpg

marvelteam-upvol3endpages.jpg

ironfistvol1endpages.jpg

I Picked this up from David Finch at Charlotte Heroes Con in North Carolina yesterday.This is a character study for "Mr. Smiley", the mascot of rock band Disturbed. Finch did the cover art to the CD that they just released a week or 2 ago...this detail Finch puts out is incredible!

997TOSHADIST.jpg

I also picked this up in Charlotte on Friday...this is a stat of the 2 page spread from Fantastic Four #148.There is some original art on the outside edges,but it is 99% stat.The way it is labeled on top,on authentic Marvel board,and the date stamp on the back of both pages,It looks like it is the actual piece that was used in the production of the book.Anybody got a rough idea of what this might be worth. I got it cheap from a guy that had alot fo original art,but I think I got REAL cheap...$30. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! Joey

997TOSHADISTA.JPG

997TOSHADISTB.JPG

997TOSHADISTC.JPG

I also picked this up in Charlotte on Friday...this is a stat of the 2 page spread from Fantastic Four #148.There is some original art on the outside edges,but it is 99% stat.The way it is labeled on top,on authentic Marvel board,and the date stamp on the back of both pages,It looks like it is the actual piece that was used in the production of the book.Anybody got a rough idea of what this might be worth. I got it cheap from a guy that had alot fo original art,but I think I got REAL cheap...$30. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! Joey

$6,000 according to Romitaman.

:grin:

All kidding aside I think you got a good deal. It would be hard to sell it for a loss.

Edited by buyatari