• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
37 37

12,725 posts in this topic

So it's been a while since I've posted so I thought I'd show some below of a few of my favourites I've got over the last half year

Darth Maul by Colin Wilson (Aussie artist)

UEU83vIL_1905140110521.jpg

Supergirl Issue 16 Page 8 by Mahmud Asrar

vRelZXAx_1905140112251.jpg

And my personal favourite (super big thanks to Doc McCoy on the forums), Hope Summers by Ed McGuinness used for the Marvel Legends Toy Range

Vq1prEi7_1505142206291.jpg

For more of my latest stuff, my CAF gallery can be found HERE.

I bought or picked up a few pieces at Comicpalooza over the Memorial Day weekend. I thought you might enjoy a look:

1) Joe Rubinstein inks Curt Swan

Well more accurately, he inked a blue line of my Swan Superman. I plan to have Laura Martin color it at Heroes Con. The image is in the "Additional Images" section along with a picture of Joe with the inked page.

fX0O9N6M_2805141019381.jpg

2) Shane Davis - Superman: Earth One

While picking up a piece for a friend, I succumbed and commissioned Shane for a head shot of Clark in his hoodie. There's a picture of Shane and the cover of the original book in the Additional Images.

JMLMxT4a_0606140851531.jpg

3) Craig Yoe

This actually is my favorite of the things I bought at Comicpalooza. I've enjoyed Craig's books for years, but I had no idea he could draw. You really should check this out.. There's a picture of both of us as well, but don't let that put you off.

ntLyTH1j_0606140838571.jpg

Here are my 2 latest.

The first is page 12 of Fantastic Four #1 by Leonard Kirk

The second is a quick Batman sketch by Neal Adams. Both were purchased today at the Niagara Falls comicon.

2014-06-06081243_zps528ef160.jpg

2014-06-06081121_zps26fc453e.jpg

Edited by orfew

I picked up a bunch of OA at the Phoenix con this weekend here are a few of my favorites.

2uhpy5z.jpg

2qkjvaf.jpg

My wifes favorite, she loves Michael Turners work

o5x7hy.jpg

My favorite is a piece done by Josh Medors and Ryan Winn

29vfcxi.jpg

I'll post the rest when I have chance to take more pics

Also want to thanks the boardies for the advice on OA I received

Edited by Shadow Images

I picked up a bunch of OA at the Phoenix con this weekend here are a few of my favorites.

I'll post the rest when I have chance to take more pics

Also want to thanks the boardies for the advice on AO I received

Sweet pick ups...congrats

Picked up two Don Newton Aquaman pages from World's Finest from the recent CL auction. Been focusing on Newton's 'Tec and Batman work (and Phantom when I can find it), but having Aquaman using his "power" was too good to pass up.

IMG_6093_zps7c478240.jpg

IMG_6094_zps2fef7218.jpg

Now, for something a little different - a 3D Shadowbox of the cover to the first comic that I ever bought. My wonderful wife, Kathy, commissioned Todd Reis to make it. Click the image to read more, see other pictures, and learn how to get one for yourself.

VSjCCRuQ_1606140005301.jpg

Edited by alxjhnsn